This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 5, 2019 at 2:39 pm

arianeF-2

Per my previous ticket (which I can't reply to because it was escalated for one of two issues), updates are not showing on translated pages. I attempted the solution suggested here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-with-events-calendar-pro-recurring-events-and-updates-not-working/ and navigated to the event then used the admin language switcher. Not only did that not make any difference, but when I view the even in another language the admin area has ALSO not updated. I removed ALL event additional fields, yet they still show on the event in another language. I added Advanced Custom Fields to events, but they are not showing up.

I appreciate your assistance.

Duplicator files are provided.

August 5, 2019 at 7:48 pm #4342889

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I've read the other ticket and also our internal documentation about this issue.
Have you noticed what Raja my colleague has written on the other ticket?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-with-events-calendar-pro-recurring-events-and-updates-not-working/#post-4318559
His last reply says:

However, I can confirm there is an issue displaying recurring events when WPML is active. I have escalated to the compatibility team.

In this case, I would suggest that you will wait for news from Raja about this issue.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Itamar.

August 5, 2019 at 9:07 pm #4343049

arianeF-2

This is not about recurring events, but about ANY event updating in the foreign language.

August 6, 2019 at 5:01 pm #4349681

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Can you please confirm that the issue is with The Events Calendar PRO plugin by Modern Tribe, Inc.?
If so, then please also confirm that you are following our instruction on how to work with this plugin.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/build-multilingual-events-websites-events-calendar-wpml/

I'm currently installing the package of your site on my local server.
Could you please explain to me how to replicate the issue that you are having?
Please tell me in steps what I should do. Tell me 'do 1.2.3...' and so on.
And also please attache some screenshots.
You also mentioned that you added some Advanced Custom Fields to the event.
Could you please also elaborate on this point?

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 6, 2019 at 6:27 pm #4349929

arianeF-2

The issue is indeed with the Events Calendar Pro. I did not perform the initial set up, rather I made changes which are not being reflected. See this page, which is NOT a recurring event. hidden link The "additional information" section is what I am working on.

I have uploaded images that show the admin area in both English and German and the front end in both English and German versions.

What I want is for the German version to reflect what exists in the Advanced Custom fields, both on the back end and the front end. You will not need to make any changes to see what I am referring to. It simply doesn't show the same information.

August 7, 2019 at 11:53 am #4354569

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I understand that you didn't perform the initial set up, but it is still important for me to know the following. Can you please confirm that you are following our instructions at the following link on how to work with WPML and The Events Calendar?
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/build-multilingual-events-websites-events-calendar-wpml/

I've installed the duplicator package that you have sent me on my local server. But I can't find The Events Calendar plugin on this site. I'm even not sure that it is the same site that you gave me the link to hidden link. The site's name is Itinera Institute.

You wrote: "The "additional information" section is what I am working on."
When I check your site here hidden link the only problem that I can see in the "additional information" section is the that for 'Language' I can see the word 'Array'. Please see the attached screenshot language-array.jpg.
Is this the problem that you are talking about?

If you want me to check things on your site, then please let me have access to your site.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 14, 2019 at 5:32 pm
August 14, 2019 at 9:25 pm #4397677

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the access details.

I'm sorry but I'm getting the error message that the password is not the correct one for the username that you gave me.

Can you please check it and correct the last private message with the correct password?

Note: I'll be able to reply here early next week.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

August 15, 2019 at 1:27 pm #4401113

arianeF-2

I've reset the password.

August 19, 2019 at 11:12 am #4415467

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for resetting the password.

I've checked things on your site. I've checked this event that you have sent me.
hidden link
The German translation of this event is a duplication of the English event. Please see the attached screenshot ger-dup.jpg. This means that as long that it is a duplication of the English event, it will show in English. As I've mentioned, without getting any response from you about it, the only problem I saw with the additional information was that on the German event the value for the 'Language' field was 'array'. I've found that the field was set to 'Don't translate'. So I've set it to translate. And now the value of the 'Language' field is also 'English'. Please see the attached screenshot also-en.jpg. When you translate the event into English, you would have the option also to translate this field.

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you and if it solved the issue on your site.

Here are more relevant information about content duplication and custom fields.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Regards,
Itamar.

August 20, 2019 at 7:02 pm #4426095

arianeF-2

Thanks, but that only fixed that one event. I've gone through the link you sent and still no luck. Here's another single event. If you look at the "Additional Information" and click on the "German" button it still shows fields that don't even exist.

August 21, 2019 at 12:15 pm #4431151

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I think that you have missed adding the link.
Can you please send it to me?

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated pages not updating in dashboard OR front end’ is closed to new replies.