This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
June 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm #2430609

sarah grothe

Hi,

After the last Divi Security Updade we are facing an issue on our about page. All three translated pages are partly overwritten.

We are running on all latest versions and the translation of the page was finished (no open translations indicated).

It just happened for this one page ("über uns" in English, Spanish and Polish) and not for several pages. Even though reconstructing the page for three languages is quite a lot of work! Therefore, I would be more than happy if someone of your team could have a look what caused the buck to prevent this to other Divi theme users and of course also to us...

Thx in advance!

June 25, 2018 at 11:27 pm #2433983

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I would need a sites snapshot if possible.
We usually recommend the free Plugin “Duplicator” for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions: hidden link

Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won’t be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

Kind regards,
Carlos

June 29, 2018 at 5:30 pm #2446877

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

However, I wasn't able to install the copy of the site on local. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to make the copy of the site using another plugin. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Best regards,
Carlos

July 3, 2018 at 5:53 pm #2458934

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Sarah,

No problema at all 🙂

I have set your next answer private.

Regards,
Carlos

September 3, 2018 at 3:29 pm #2700230

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Sarah,

I updated the Divid theme to its latest version and two other outdated plugins and the issue disappeared.

Could you confirm that the issue is solved?

Best regards,
Carlos

September 6, 2018 at 12:15 pm #2710612

sarah grothe

Hi Carlos, I tested and the issue did not appear again. Has there been any issue which has been solved with the WPML update I overlooked? Just to be sure that is does not happen in the future 😉
THX

September 6, 2018 at 5:42 pm #2711832

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Sarah,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Every plugin/theme updates include fixes for reported issues and compatibility problems. In the case of WPML you can find this list of fixes and changes in the changelog link under each plugin here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos