This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: There are no projects showing on my portfolio page in the secondary language.

Solution: The portfolio grid is empty because the projects had not been translated to the secondary language. Translating the projects resolved the issue.

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jhogerG 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 9, 2018 at 9:42 pm

jhogerG

I am trying to: Translate the portfolio page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The translated portfolio page with the portfolio grid with the works

Instead, I got: The translated portfolio page, with everything but he portfolio grid where it shows a preview of every work. It says that the portafolio grid could not be found.

October 10, 2018 at 2:45 pm #2804874

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

I believe the portfolio grid is empty because you have not translated any of your projects. I can see that on the Portfolio page you have selected categories to display. When I viewed the categories, there are not projects assigned to any of your English categories. So then I checked the list of projects and I can see that none have been translated.

To test this, I duplicated one of your portfolios and now I can see it on the English portfolio page. You can bulk duplicate your portfolios by going to WPML -> Translation management. To then translate the content, you can edit the portfolio translation and click "Translate Independently".

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

October 10, 2018 at 5:34 pm #2805322

jhogerG

Lauren, thank you so much. I hadn't realized that I had to translate every one of my projects to the translated language. Thanks a lot.

October 10, 2018 at 5:34 pm #2805324

jhogerG

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!