This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 23, 2019 at 3:36 pm

guyA-8

Hi there, I'm having trouble with WPML's translation management.

Firstly, after I created my blog post in English, I went through the usual process to create the Swedish version (sent the post to the translation basket, then translated it from there). But when I went into the Swedish version of the post, it hadn't pulled the correct content through - the main content was from an older post. Is this because I cloned an old post to begin with, rather than starting a new post from scratch?

Even though I've now copied the correct content across and published the Swedish version of the post, it's not displaying on the front-end. The URL is:
hidden link which is a translation of: hidden link. But it just shows a 404 error.

Please note the 'Swedish' version is actually still in English, it's just on our Swedish site.

Can you help? Thanks.

April 23, 2019 at 9:26 pm #3667659

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. This seems to be some cache problem. Alternating the format of the URL to directory looks like the page loads correctly.

Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

April 24, 2019 at 9:24 am #3670977

guyA-8

Hi Bruno

OK, yes please go ahead and install the plugin so you can test further.

Thanks.

April 24, 2019 at 6:08 pm #3675811

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you. I tested your site in my testing environment and it worked correctly. This really seems to be a cache problem on the side of your server.

The server may have cached the page 404 for the secondary language URL, and when clearing the primary domain cache, the problem persists in the secondary language.

Please, could you contact your host and ask them to clear the secondary domain cache as well? This could solve the problem.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated post not displaying on front-end’ is closed to new replies.