Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 10, 2020 at 4:16 pm #6570651

williamB-21

I am trying to: translate a post from English to Chinese(simplified)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the translated content on this link hidden link

Instead, I got a redirect to the homepage hidden link

I would like to mention that all plugins are up to date, including the WordPress version.

July 13, 2020 at 8:23 am #6580613

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Could you please check if there are unwanted redirects added in the Yoast Premium Redirects table that would explain this redirection?

We have a known issue with some themes that will create a redirect to the homepage when a page is created in the 2nd langauge.

This will be fixed in the upcoming YoastML plugin release. For now, please see if removing redirect entries in there resolves the issue.

If it does not, and after flushing all cache, please write back with system access (wp-admin). I am opening the prvate area for this.

thanks

July 13, 2020 at 9:54 am #6582039

williamB-21

Hello,

My issue is resolved. I removed the redirect created by Yoast.

But now I am facing a different issue ( screenshot attached)

thank you

July 13, 2020 at 10:49 am #6582671

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Please try removing the string that matches the "value" in the message from the String Translation table.

This means to cut and paste the string into the Search filter at the top of the table and then select that string. Then scroll to the bottom of the table listing and select button to delete the selected string.

If this does not work, then please open a *new* ticket with this issue as we are only allowed to handle a single issue per thread.