This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
May 13, 2019 at 11:30 am

guyA-8

Hi there

This is a continuing issue from a previous support ticket. On the Swedish version of our site (wildheartmedia.se), our 2 latest blog posts aren't displaying on the front-end, even though we've gone through the same translation process as normal, and in the back-end it says these posts are published.

The 2 missing posts are "I made these beginner yoga website mistakes so you don’t have to" and "Top 4 mindfulness apps: Which one is right for you?" - which, by the way, should still be in English even on the Swedish site.

Can you take a look and get to the bottom of why these aren't displaying on the front-end? You previously said it was a caching issue but we've purged the server and browser cache several times now, and checked in different browsers, with no change.

Thanks.

May 13, 2019 at 3:48 pm #3800321

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I read your other ticket, My colleague Bruno could not reproduce the issue with a local copy of your website. So it is mostly a cache issue.
Sometimes, hosting providers implement caches on the server level(like Varnish, Memcache, OPcache, etc.)

I also noticed a low value for WP Memory Limit(currently 40M), WPML requirement is at least 128M, we recommend 256M.
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Can you please increase the value for WP Memory Limit and check again?
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

If unsure on how to set this, you can consult your host/server admin to do this. After you increase this value, you can confirm it by checking on WPML->Support by finding the “Memory limit” value.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 17, 2019 at 12:52 pm #3834515

guyA-8

Hi Jamal

Our WP Memory Limit has now been increased to 768MB, which is the maximum for the hosting plan we're on.

We've updated our site to WordPress 5.2, and flushed all server cache several times (static, dynamic and memcached).

We've deleted the translated posts, flushed the cache and recreated them again. But still, when I go to the URL of the translated post (e.g. hidden link), it's showing a 404 error, and the post isn't being added to our blog archive on the front-end. I've tried in different browsers and private windows, but still no luck.

I can't believe this is down to caching. This has never happened before. Are you saying the URL of the translated post above does display the content for you? Can you test it again and do some further investigation? We really need to get this resolved.

Thanks.

May 17, 2019 at 2:45 pm
May 17, 2019 at 2:46 pm #3835307

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello

I can see the issue with the last two blog posts. I resaved permalinks and checked various settings. Please make a backup and run the cleanup actions in WPML->Support->Troubleshooting.

If it does not resolve the issue, run a compatibility test, by switching to a default theme and deactivating all except WPML plugins. This may reveal a conflict with the theme or other plugins. In this case, reactivate one-by-one the theme and plugins to check which one causes the issue.

To exclude any possible conflict with your server setup and to be able to troubleshoot without affecting your live site, I wonder if you would like to migrate your website to our platform? Please see previous private message for instructions to migrate your website.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated posts not displaying on front-end’ is closed to new replies.