Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by T4ng 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
April 26, 2019 at 3:47 pm #3692109

T4ng

I am trying to prepare a translation for a product
I want to keep this translation a draft until it's ready to be published.
I can keep it as a draft, but it will show up as a permalink in the language switcher, and of course a page not found for who's not a logged in editor.

It just shouldn't appear here, or in hreflang until it's published.

April 28, 2019 at 6:52 pm #3698807

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @T4ng, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Are you using a language switcher generated by theme or by WPML (on WPML > Languages)? If you temporarily changes to a default theme (like twenty-seventeen) the issue still occurs?

Could you please send us a link of a product with the issue? I need to take a look at the source code.

All the best,
Diego

April 30, 2019 at 8:41 am #3709553

T4ng

Hi there,
I use a WPML language switcher, with just cosmestic modifications.

I think I realized I faced this issue when the product (or page) is first set as published, then as draft, which doesn't seem avoidable when duplicating a page.

You can see this on the submitted website, from the first primary menu entry from every languages besides US. You'll see the american version is offers as a page_id link, although it's just a draft.

April 30, 2019 at 11:27 am #3710661

T4ng

Ok, that's definitely a caching issue: in the meantime, the link disappeared.