This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by T4ng 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
April 26, 2019 at 3:47 pm #3692109

T4ng

I am trying to prepare a translation for a product
I want to keep this translation a draft until it's ready to be published.
I can keep it as a draft, but it will show up as a permalink in the language switcher, and of course a page not found for who's not a logged in editor.

It just shouldn't appear here, or in hreflang until it's published.

April 28, 2019 at 6:52 pm #3698807

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @T4ng, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Are you using a language switcher generated by theme or by WPML (on WPML > Languages)? If you temporarily changes to a default theme (like twenty-seventeen) the issue still occurs?

Could you please send us a link of a product with the issue? I need to take a look at the source code.

All the best,
Diego

April 30, 2019 at 8:41 am #3709553

T4ng

Hi there,
I use a WPML language switcher, with just cosmestic modifications.

I think I realized I faced this issue when the product (or page) is first set as published, then as draft, which doesn't seem avoidable when duplicating a page.

You can see this on the submitted website, from the first primary menu entry from every languages besides US. You'll see the american version is offers as a page_id link, although it's just a draft.

April 30, 2019 at 11:27 am #3710661

T4ng

Ok, that's definitely a caching issue: in the meantime, the link disappeared.