This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 12, 2018 at 10:08 am #2727105

poulS

Hi..
I am building a site locally (in Local by Flywheel).
The languages is DK, UK and Later DE.

When i try to open a translated product page (UK) with Elementor or WP editor, nothing happens, and the page falls back to the list view of the DK page on the WooCommerce Multilingual page..

In the translation editor I am missing some parts of the product page, a video link, and a link to a pdf. I need to correct this.

This happens only on the translated product pages. All other translated pages works fine.

My Language URL format is Language name added as a parameter.

I hope You can help..

September 14, 2018 at 3:13 am #2733684

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

If I understood the issue correctly, then this is the correct behavior. To change this behavior you need to follow this steps:
- Go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Settings tab -> Product Translation Interface section -> Select 'Native WooCommerce product editing screen' -> Save the changes.

Could you tell me if the issue was solved?

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 14, 2018 at 9:11 am #2734704

poulS

Hi Carlos..

This works fine for me.. Thank You.

But on the translation page, in the page builder section i'm missing a field for a google video link. For now I am opening the page in Elementor and paste the link, but it would be nice to have this working..

Kind regard
Poul

September 14, 2018 at 5:58 pm #2736376

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Poul,

In the case of the google video link, I suspect that you might need to add this element (most probably a shortcode) in WPML -> Settings -> Custo XML Configuration by following the steps described in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Could you tell me if the issue was solved using this method?

Best regards,
Carlos

September 17, 2018 at 7:38 am #2739944

poulS

Hi Carlos..
I have experimented with this and cannot get it to work. I am not a coder and probably doing something wrong..:-) Maybe You can help, I guess the elements needed is in this snip from the untranslated page:

</div>
</section>
<section data-id="dd78177" class="elementor-element elementor-element-dd78177 elementor-section-boxed elementor-section-height-default elementor-section-height-default elementor-section elementor-top-section" data-element_type="section">
<div class="elementor-container elementor-column-gap-default">
<div class="elementor-row">
<div data-id="191d181" class="elementor-element elementor-element-191d181 elementor-column elementor-col-50 elementor-top-column" data-element_type="column">
<div class="elementor-column-wrap elementor-element-populated">
<div class="elementor-widget-wrap">
<div data-id="7251240" class="elementor-element elementor-element-7251240 elementor-aspect-ratio-169 elementor-widget elementor-widget-video" data-settings="{"aspect_ratio":"169"}" data-element_type="video.default">
<div class="elementor-widget-container">
<div class="elementor-wrapper elementor-fit-aspect-ratio elementor-open-inline">
<div class="ast-oembed-container"><iframe class="elementor-video-iframe" allowfullscreen src="hidden link"></iframe></div> </div>
</div>

Thank You in advance...

Best regards
Poul

September 17, 2018 at 5:20 pm #2742084

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

HI Poul,
Thank you for your feedback.

In this case I don't have enough information to give you an answer. I recommend you to visit this link where you will find our official documentation on how to translate sites built with Elementor: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/

Best regards,
Carlos

September 21, 2018 at 6:13 am #2754074

poulS

Hi Carlos...

I think i'm giving up on this.. I cannot get this to work. I cannot find the element to translate.

And I am somewhat confused, I choose Astra, Elementor and WPML because they should work together, and I think they great software all of them. But why do I have to do all this for translating an Elementor element on the page I am translating..? It is there, why should I tell WPLM what to look for.. Then again I am not a coder, and probably doing something wrong, but I feel that something like this just should work..:-)

Kind regards
Poul

September 21, 2018 at 3:18 pm #2755759

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Poul,

I double checked the elements that are translatable in Elementor and you can see in this list the Video element: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#List-of-the-translatable-Elementor-Elements

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Best regards,
Carlos

September 24, 2018 at 4:53 pm #2761391

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Poul,
Thank you for your message.

In the mid time, I would like to ask you to check if you can reproduce the issue in this test site I created for you: hidden link

Note: I have setup WPML but you still need to setup Woocommerce and Woocommerce Multilingual. Also you need to install the remaining plugins and the theme.

Looking forward to your answer.
Best regards,
Carlos