This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasK-19 1 week, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 24, 2019 at 1:48 pm

thomasK-19

I am trying to: Translate product tags

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
The Product Tag Cloud in the left side (titled "FIND YOUR TEAM" / "FIND DIT HOLD") is not showing the translated tags on the Danish version. It is showing all but the translated tags.

Instead, I got:
Example: The Product tag "Berlin" is showing only on the English version, even though it has a Danish Translation. If the Danish translation of the Product Tag is deleted, it reappears on the Danish Version.

September 24, 2019 at 11:47 pm #4634475

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

As far I can see the translation is working but not all product tags are translated yet.

Please go to WPML -> Taxonomy Translation and select "product tags" from the dropdown. Now, complete the missing translations.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 27, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4654019

thomasK-19

I can't get this to make sense!
Shouldn't the translated tags be showing on the Danish pages?
Why are the English tags, with all the Danish translated tags omitted, showing on the Danish pages?

September 27, 2019 at 5:31 pm #4656143

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry for the confusion.

It seems that the Theme is not fully compatible with WPML. As this Widget is placed inside of the specific Theme area, I would like to test if I can reproduce the same issue on a new WordPress install.

Please install the Shopkeeper Theme on the following test site:

One-Click Login: hidden link

You may also add your child theme by FTP and add any plugin that might be necessary to recreate the issue.

Let me know when the site is ready for testing.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 30, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4665291

thomasK-19

Ok, I have installed the Shopkeeper theme + child theme and activated it.

Kind regards
Thomas

September 30, 2019 at 5:42 pm #4666957

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have recreated a shop page and added the Product Tag Widget in various areas.

On my test with a new WordPress install the tags have been displayed correctly. You can see the result here: hidden link

Could you please try to run your site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Once you recognized a change while deactivating a plugin please add this plugin to the earlier mentioned and provided test-site.

The issue seems not to be theme-related, as I tested successfully with default Shopkeeper Theme and your child theme.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.
More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Let me know about the outcome.

Kind regards
Andreas

October 7, 2019 at 5:53 am #4704381

thomasK-19

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!