Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by shaneB-8 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 13, 2021 at 2:28 pm #8757963

shaneB-8

What is happening:

Recently, my client was attempting to save a product that was previously translated. The product that was previously translated is no longer associated. As well the title keeps appearing really strange and it won't allow me to save any translation.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected:

That the original translation would remain and that the appropriate modifications could be made.

Instead, I got:

All the translations are missing and the translations no longer save even we want to go ahead and replace everything.

What have I done:

I attempted to do the following in order to resolve the issues but to no avail.
+ Clear the WPML Cache
+ Set language information (this seems to have found some of the missing translations but I cannot associate them to the other products). Also I'm not sure how long this should run but it seems to be running for quite some time now.

Any additional debug things I should try would be great! Thanks and stay safe!

May 13, 2021 at 2:29 pm #8757971

shaneB-8

I should note that this seems to be an issue just with products and there are about 4 presently that were found to be an issue.

May 16, 2021 at 10:11 am #8773569

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

This definitely sounds like some values in icl_ tables got corrupted for some reason.

I assume that this doesn't work either, if I got it right you tried it already?
https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-link-already-translated-pages/

What if you try this hidden link for only one post, so create a clone out of original and translate (or link to existing translations), does it work?

If values for some of these products got corrupted for some reason and we are unable to reproduce this again (so random DB error), then "fixing" them through cloning might be the fastest (and only) way to remedy this.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 17, 2021 at 12:22 pm #8780393

shaneB-8

Yeah I had attempted to link them and it indicated after the association it still made these weird titles and didn't really work. I'll give the duplication a shot and see if that works.

May 17, 2021 at 1:01 pm #8780781

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Ok, let me know!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 17, 2021 at 2:25 pm #8781809

shaneB-8

Ok this seemed to have worked and I was able to reassociate. I just had to keep the old products around afterwards due to previous orders but that's ok.

Do you think that you guys could add that the FAQ as a "if all else fails" suggestion. I think it would help reduce support for you folks, and also help us troubleshoot if really things can't go further.

Stay safe!
Shane

May 17, 2021 at 2:25 pm #8781813

shaneB-8

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!