This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thijsG 6 days, 10 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
October 8, 2019 at 12:13 pm

thijsG

I am trying to:
Translate products from English to Dutch. In the products overview it says there are over 800 concepts, but the list is empty.

Problem: I can't find the 'concepts' but I also can't translate a lot of my products. Every time I use the translator and save the translated product, it doesn't show my translated product on the dutch website, neither in the dutch product list in the dashboard.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
It is in the Admin dashboard - product page.

I expected to see:
Multiple translated products on my dutch version of the website.

Instead, I got:
Only a few products, most of them I can't translate.

October 9, 2019 at 1:29 pm #4723327

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Problem: I can't find the 'concepts'

It seems like that all the concepts are there in fact, but all of them are created in the languages that were disabled (French, Russian, Spanish, German if I'm not mistaken). I activated almost languages, but I made them hidden, so that no visitors can see them.

hidden link

I also tried translating one of these - hidden link

It seems to have appeared after I delivered it through the advanced translation editor and the number of translated products increased here:
hidden link

I do see there are quite a lot of copies in other languages - all those concepts, but I have no idea where have they come from. Perhaps they were triggered by some other function coming from your theme or plugin and you can try removing them directly from the dashboard.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 9, 2019 at 3:09 pm #4723923

thijsG

My issue is resolved now. Also I found out why this happened:

Problem: "I do see there are quite a lot of copies in other languages - all those concepts, but I have no idea where have they come from. Perhaps they were triggered by some other function.."

Possible cause: In the beginning we have added one product as a base product to duplicate cause a lot of the coming products would have the same attributes. We have then tested this product in multiple languages (adding translation). So every time we duplicated the product, all the languages were also duplicated.

All is working now! Thanks again for the quick response and fix.

Cheers,
Thijs