Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by massimoS-6 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 6, 2021 at 5:52 pm #8707927

massimoS-6

Hello,

one of my clients had a problem. After your latest update most of the products translated into English disappeared.
You can see the behaviour here:
hidden link (correct)

hidden link (wrong)

May 7, 2021 at 10:40 am #8712929

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello

You wrote that the products "disappeared". Does this mean that you cannot see them on the backend dashboard?

Or do you mean that they are no longer visible on the frontend template?

I would need to take a closer look. And, in the case that we need to troublehsoot the issue, do you have a staging site we can use? If not, please prepare a copy of your site as per this article and use a file sharing service like WeTransfer . then send us the downloadable link in your next reply.
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

May 10, 2021 at 8:34 am #8726845

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Right now, even the link that is supposed to work shows no products.

Even if I temporarily deactivate WPML CMS. Are you sure this is related to our plugin?

May 11, 2021 at 11:09 am #8738671

massimoS-6

Hello Yvette,

which link are we talking about?
I have a copy of the website, but because of some server restrictions, I can send you the database with wetransfer if you want, and for the rest of the files I can send you a google drive link.

Cheers!
Max

May 11, 2021 at 12:59 pm #8740179

Yvette
Supporter

I am talking about this link: hidden link

No products are showing.
I need to fully understand the issue first.

May 13, 2021 at 7:36 am #8754191

massimoS-6

Sorry for the late reply Yvette, been a hell of a week so far.
You can still reach the english pages through url params. For example hidden link
that's the english equivalent of the italian page you have checked

May 13, 2021 at 10:36 am #8756163

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

It looks like the core issue is that you have an incomplete tranlsation of the page. Specifically, it seems that you are using a Divi element "Product carousel" where you select the categories to show, but these selections are not translated.

I temporarily deactivated the WPML Translation Editor for this page, and then manually edited the EN version.

When I open the details for the product carrousel, I can see that there are no categories selected. Selecting one fills in the images/products as expected.

Please try this yourself.

This is the easiest and quickest way to resolve the issue. In general, however, if you are using layouts to build your pages, you should be sure to TRANSLATE the layouts as per this documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/#translating-divi-custom-layouts

And become familiar how to add support for Divi Builder Elements like the one you are using:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/maintaining-divi-builder-compatibility-wpml/

I wait for your response on this observation

May 15, 2021 at 11:38 am #8770567

massimoS-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you Yvette!