Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Otto 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
May 3, 2015 at 7:44 pm #610755

gvidoD

Hi!

I tried to translate my products in product edit page mostly by duplicating them . I had problem with editing duplicated content, i clicked on pencil icon next to English, and it just reloaded the same product page in default language. So i wasnt able to creae translation. Then i noticed that i dont have woocommerce multilingual plugin in my plugin list and under WPML menu. I browsed my server, and there was folder "woocommerce multilingual" in wp-content. I reinstalled it and it fixed the problem. Now i do translation trough wpml->woocommerce multilingual . But when i create/update translation, it is not showing up in page. Also the weird thing , translation for russian is showing , but translation for english isnt. Also i got default language products listed in russian and in english versions.

There is a big chance i messed something up at the beginning, but i am confused right now and i would like to get some heplp. I can provide login credentials for someone to take a look and try translation process themselves. Also, because i haven't done actual translation, just testing around, i was thinking about just deleting all translated products and start from beginning. Is that possible to delete all relations and translations, so i have "fresh" product list to work with ? If so, can you provide query for that?

Thanks.

May 4, 2015 at 2:36 pm #611383

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hi,
Thanks for posting in the forum.
I'll like to take a look for better understand your problem. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Please, make a full back up of your site before.
Kind Regards

May 4, 2015 at 8:24 pm #611627

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

I tried to edit a product and have the same issue. Something was not working. Also tried using the native WooCommerce editor and had the same problem.

Once you fixed your installation, you don't had this issue anymore with new products? Even if you try to edit and update?

I tried creating a new product, and everything is working fine. I was able to translate, edit, update and delete translations.

If that's the case, you can delete all transalated products doing the following:
Go to Products > Products, and select the language of the products that you want to delete.
Select them all, and then in bulk actions choose "Move to trash". Then go to "Trash" and select all the products and in bulk actions choose "delete permanently".

Then when you go to WooCommerce Multilingual > Porducts tab, your products will have no translation in that language. Then when you create a new translation, hopefully it will work properly.

Do a full back up of your site before performing this.

Please, let me know if it's clear and if it worked.

Kind Regards

May 4, 2015 at 8:38 pm #611637

gvidoD

Hi, i deleted all translations. But the problem is the same. Even i dont have translations in that language ( translation count menu above products is grey ), i get option to edit english translation for product. And when i try to edit it , it opens up original product . This is some weird problem....

Maybe there is some kind of query or other method to restore my products? I dont want to delete them all and then add them from begining...

Thanks!

May 5, 2015 at 11:01 am #612087

gvidoD

So, i did what i wanted at the beginning. Spend some time browsing my database, but it seems like i have managed to find correct table. I deleted records from "_icl_translations" table, where there was EN or RU in "language code" column. Looks like i didnt lose any products (count is still 65 items), and pencil marks are gone, i now can add translation/dublicate products again. I wont close this topic yet, will see how translation process will go, but i tested with 1 product, everything worked fine.

May 5, 2015 at 2:58 pm #612371

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Great. Let me know if need something else.
Kind Regards

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated products in ENG doesn't appear on page’ is closed to new replies.