This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 2, 2018 at 9:40 am

luizS-2

I recently created a support ticket because no translations were appearing on the products page. The issue now is that a certain category still does not appear, meanwhile all others do. The issue was resolved previously by simply setting all categories to translatable, but this does not work for a specific category.

Please advise?

October 4, 2018 at 5:20 am #2786436

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

Please, could you tell me what steps I have to take to see the problem? For example, what category are you talking about? Is this just talking about the front end or the backend as well?

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

October 4, 2018 at 11:07 am #2787251

luizS-2

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the help. This is something to do with the product_taxonomy I believe as it is still coming up as an error.

In the main English site the page appears correctly as shown in the ADX English screenshot attached.

However in the German translation of the website, the following courses fail to show and certain parts of the products such as their name and other parts of their description do not appear in translation. Please see the screenshot. We use CSS to build the course listings page and it automatically pulls any courses that contain the right category. I have checked to ensure that all ADX courses use that category, however they still fail to appear in the German section.

Many thanks,

October 4, 2018 at 9:25 pm #2788797

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for the explanation, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

October 9, 2018 at 8:28 am
October 10, 2018 at 6:02 am #2803039

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you. I saw the problem you're reporting. This seems to be some configuration problem, as other elements are being displayed using the same shortcode.

I'll check what may be happening and I'll contact you soon.

Thank you.

October 11, 2018 at 4:45 am #2806651

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

This is because some fields have not been synchronized, such as event layout or event dates.

This way the event was not being added in the secondary language. To fix the problem I followed the steps below:

- Click on the Products > All Products
- Click to edit the "Administrative Essentials for new Admins in Lightning Experience (ADX201), 22 October - 26 October, Munich"
- Scroll down and look at the "Multilingual Content Setup"
- Note that most of these fields are marked as "Don't translate."
- I selected the "Copy" option for some of these options. I'll attach an image for you to see.
- Click on the "Update" button
- Click to edit the translation
- Click on the "Save & Close" button

* Note that you do not need to follow these steps for other products/events. You will, however, need to access the desired events and click the "Update" button and then "Save & Close" to edit the translation. Unfortunately, I do not see a way to automate this.

Note also that I have already followed the above steps for a product. You should only follow the steps to save the event in the default language and the translations again. That should fix the problem. I'll attach an image as an example.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.