Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I translated all my products to 2 other languages, but they are not visible on the eshop when I switch to those languages.

Solution:

I've checked things on your site and found out that this problem happens because the translated products are in the 'Draft' status. You can fix this issue by changing the status of the translated products.

1. Edit the translated products with the WordPress editor. You can do it from the list of all the products - Products -> All Products in each language. You can also get to the WordPress editing screen of the translated product while changing the language flag while you are on the editing screen of the original product.

2. While on the translated product screen, press the Publish button. Please see the attached screenshot publish-product-button.jpg. Do not change any other setting while on this screen!

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by peterK-121 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 21, 2022 at 10:23 pm #11271747

peterK-121

I translated all my products to 2 other languages, but they are not visible on the eshop when I switch to those languages.
For example this hidden link
Can you please advise?
Thanks

Screenshot 2022-05-22 002201.jpg
May 22, 2022 at 7:49 pm #11274343

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

I can see that when I try the link, you shared with us, I can not switch to the other languages. The Language Switcher is not working.

Is this the problem that you experience as well?

As a first step in debugging this issue, please deactivate the W3 Total Cache plugin you are using. Then check if the problem persists. This way, we will illuminate any caching issue.

Regards,
Itamar.

May 23, 2022 at 6:32 pm #11283751

peterK-121

Nothing changes after deactivation. I have the same problem changing the language as you. However when I am logged in to WP, I can change the language on that product page. But the url is hidden link

May 24, 2022 at 10:25 am #11290359

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for trying my suggestions.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the following reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

-- If you have a staging site where the problem can be reproduced, it is better to share access to the staging site.--

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 24, 2022 at 12:37 pm #11292145

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for the access details.

I've checked things on your site and found out that this problem happens because the translated products are in the 'Draft' status. If you go to Products - > All Products, you will see 29 (now only 28) products in the draft status. Please see the attached screenshot products-en-cz-draft.jpg.

In WPML -> Settings -> Translated documents options, I can see that the option 'Same as the original document' is selected. Please see the attached screenshot same-as-original.jpg. It is not clear why the translated products are in the draft status. This might be because the original products were in the draft status when the translation was received. Or for another reason, I'm not aware of.

In any case, it is easy to fix this issue by changing the status of the translated products. I tried it with one product on your site, and it worked. I tried it with this product.

hidden link

When I switch to English, I get the translated product here.

hidden link

Please see the attached screenshot en-product-ok.jpg.

Here is how you can fix this issue.

1. Edit the translated products with the WordPress editor. You can do it from the list of all the products - Products -> All Products in each language. You can also get to the WordPress editing screen of the translated product while changing the language flag while you are on the editing screen of the original product.

2. While on the translated product screen, press the Publish button. Please see the attached screenshot publish-product-button.jpg. Do not change any other setting while on this screen!

Now the translated products will work as expected.

Please let me know if you have further questions or mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Itamar.

products-en-cz-draft.jpg
same-as-original.jpg
en-product-ok.jpg
publish-product-button.jpg
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.