This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by trid 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
July 14, 2019 at 9:00 pm

trid

I am trying to:
translate and show repeatable custom fields on the front-end

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
German language content

Instead, I got:
English content

July 15, 2019 at 8:29 am #4208221

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us. I don't have enough information to solve your issue.

I would need your WPML debug information. You can find it in:
WPML -> Support -> click on debug information link
Then you can copy/paste the text you see in the Debug box I'll enable for the next answer.
More information here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Could you please explain your process? What do you use to create these repeatable fields?

Also if you want to give me access to your site, I'd need credentials for your server too, not just for the WordPress admin.

July 15, 2019 at 3:05 pm #4212643

trid

Ive provided full access to the server and site for you to look at whatever you need.

The repeatable fields are created from Toolset Types

July 15, 2019 at 3:39 pm #4212999

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

when I try to access the site you linked to, I see this mask (look at the screenshot). The provided credentials do NOT work here.

If in the meantime you could provide your debug information, I could see if you're meeting all requirements, if plugins are updated and so on.

July 15, 2019 at 5:32 pm #4213843

trid

Oh ok, that is the htaccess authentication. Please use solfuse/solfuse to get past that.

July 17, 2019 at 8:33 am #4227533

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

in the Home Page, the translation is marked as completed, but if I go in the Translation Editor is see al the text are still in English. I did some changes and I can see they appear in the front end, so please proceed to translate all the fields.

July 17, 2019 at 5:47 pm #4232739

trid

hi, that field you edited was not a repeating field. You need to look at the fields that are highlighted here, they are translated already but does not reflect

July 18, 2019 at 10:43 am #4237603

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

so you are referring to the "page section" custom fields, right?
How do you add them in the page? I tried to test with a standard theme (Twenty Seventeen) and I can't see them in the page, so could this be related to your theme? Is this a custom theme?

July 18, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4239839

trid

Hi, do you mind reassigning this ticket to someone with more experience in wpml and Toolset plugins?

July 18, 2019 at 3:31 pm #4240203

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

what do you mean exactly with "more experience"? We all get the same training in WPML and Toolset.

If you don't want to work with me anymore, you can mark this ticket as resolved and open a new one. You'll have the option not to assign the ticket to me if you prefer.

July 18, 2019 at 4:47 pm #4241181

trid

Not resolved, will find new support. thanks.