This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by trid 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 4:57 pm

trid

I am trying to:
translate and show repeatable custom fields on the front-end

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:
German language content within the repeatable content fields section (not hero, not nav, not footer)

Instead, I got:
English content

July 19, 2019 at 8:14 am #4244839

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

I am not able to login to the site because of the following error. Please check.

ERROR: The password you entered for the username **** is incorrect. Lost your password?

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 19, 2019 at 8:21 am
July 19, 2019 at 2:23 pm #4246975

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I can log in to the site now. This may be happening because of caches or sync issues. Please try the following troubleshooting steps after a site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Clear all types of caches(including server caches)
2) Go to WPML>>Support page
3) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)
4) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Recreate ST DB cache tables

5) Make some changes in the English Homepage(to refresh the translation settings)
6) Update the German translation

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 19, 2019 at 4:48 pm #4247563

trid

hi, i made the changes and cleared cache like you mentioned, but am still not seeing the german content reflected on the front-end. There is no cache on the server for this site at the moment during development

July 20, 2019 at 8:23 am #4249375

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 20, 2019 at 6:41 pm #4250451

trid

Sure, please do what you need

July 22, 2019 at 7:22 am #4254269

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your permission. I made a Duplicator copy of your site now. Will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 23, 2019 at 9:41 am #4264657

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

The issue is existing on my local server copy after the initial debugging procedures. Therefore as part of our escalation process I have tried to reproduce the issue in a fresh installation. But not able to reproduce the issue exactly in a fresh installation.

Please check the following URL. It is a fresh installation hosted in our Sandbox server with minimal plugins and your theme.

hidden link

Can you please try to reproduce the issue on the fresh installation. It will help us a lot and we can forward the issue directly to our developers for further debugging.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 23, 2019 at 9:40 pm #4268921

trid

Hi Bigul, thank you. Let me look into this and see if i can reproduce it on your test environment. On initial check (i havent looked too deeply yet) i dont see any content on the homepage yet, might be some error in Toolset View or theme...will troubleshoot

July 23, 2019 at 9:49 pm #4268973

trid

hi,
Ok, i was able to get the content to show on your test environment by importing the Views and updating the templates to use the View's new IDs (see page.php and header.php).

However, im still seeing the same issue in your test environment as my environment. The DE translations in the repeating field groups are still not being displayed for DE

July 24, 2019 at 12:22 pm #4274349

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I will check about this with our team and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 25, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4283091

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, we are getting the expected result on test site while translating the Homepage manually. Please try the following steps after a backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Open the English Homepage for edit
2) Switch to German Homepage via Dashboard language switcher
3) Update the German Homepage translation(from native edit screen)

This is happening because of a Types Repeatable fields limitation and our developer are currently working on the fix. We have published an errata for this now. Please read the following article more details.

https://toolset.com/errata/translations-of-fields-in-repeatable-fields-groups-not-displayed-on-the-front-end/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 25, 2019 at 8:57 pm #4285991

trid

THanks for confirming.
One more thing...how did you get the custom fields and the repeated field groups to show on the DE edit page? Im not seeing those UI even after checking the page options. Please let me know how to enable the highlighted sections on translated edit pages

July 26, 2019 at 12:13 pm #4289587

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Somehow *Page sections* and *Page custom Fields* options are not showing in the Screen Options of translated page. Please check the following image links for more details.

hidden link

hidden link

I am checking about this with our team and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul