This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am using the "strollik" theme + the "PBR Popup Newsletter Widget" plugin and I am not able to translate the MailChimp form I created.

Solution: The client decided to use another plugin (boxzilla plugin) instead of the one that was used before and it seems that this solved the issue.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Roberta Irene Vivenzio 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 5, 2019 at 9:14 am

Roberta Irene Vivenzio

I am trying to: show the sign up form in english for the english version of the website but it's shown always and only in italian. Only the widget title is translated (from "Newsletter Air Track Italia" in italian to "Air Track Italia Newsletter" in english).
I had the requested plugins installed and I followed the steps described at https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/ but nothing happens.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: the sign up form is placed in the "Mass Footer Body" widget and it' shown on the right side of the screen (email icon) of all pages of the website.

I just installed the plugin MailChimp for WordPress – WPML Integration (https://wordpress.org/plugins/mc4wp-wpml/) but nothing changed.

The english version of the website is hidden to the public.

Can you help me, please?

Thanks in advance!

July 5, 2019 at 2:52 pm #4152253

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

1. From what I can see here (hidden link), there are a lot of updates available for multiple plugins including our plugins.

Can you please first create a full backup of your site and then update all the plugins to the latest version?

After that, can you please check if the issue is still happening?

2. I was also not able to find the "MailChimp for WordPress Multilingual" plugin installed on your site so if the first steps above doesn't solve the issue, can you please install the plugin and follow the exact steps from the link below:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/

I know that you mentioned this link, too, but I am not sure if you had the plugin installed and followed the instruction with it installed.

Please let me know how that goes.

I will be waiting for your response.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai

July 8, 2019 at 1:07 pm #4162717

Roberta Irene Vivenzio

Hi Mihai,
thanks for your reply.
I updated the plugins and checked if MailChimp for WordPress Multilingual was installed. It was, so I tried to use the MailChimp Sign-up Form widget and everything was ok; so I found out the problem: according with the Strollik theme, I used the PBR Popup Newsletter Widget to display the newsletter popup, but it doesn't work correctly because it shows only the italian version of the popup, so maybe there is a compatibility problem. Can you resolve it? Or it's better using your MailChimp Sign-up Form + Boxzilla Pop-ups to have the same result of the screenshot I sent you?

Thanks!

Roberta

July 8, 2019 at 4:50 pm #4164411

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

To be honest, we can't know for sure if something is a compatibility issue until we don't test a few things.

I created this sandbox environment here for you (WPML plugins are already installed for you, all they need is to be set up):
hidden link (one-click automatic login)

I would need you to just upload the theme there, the MailChimp plugins and try to reproduce the issue on our environment, too.

The key thing that we are doing with this sandbox environments is that we install only the plugins that are involved in generating the issue so in our case we don't need to install anything else but the theme + the MailChimp plugins.

If things happen on our staging server, too, I will escalate this to our Compatibility team so that they can investigate even more on this.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

July 10, 2019 at 8:38 am #4177353

Roberta Irene Vivenzio

My issue is resolved now. I istalled your boxzilla plugin instead of using the PBR Popup Newsletter Widget and now everything works.

Thank you!