This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by michaelS-110 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
January 5, 2018 at 12:35 am #1473433

kongritN

I am trying to: load a translated site

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
css and js loaded

Instead, I got:
Mixed Content: The page at 'hidden link' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script 'hidden link'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

January 5, 2018 at 7:33 am #1473572

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Kongrit,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. This can be solved with few steps, please redirect SSL files properly, we recommended using this plugin for SSL setup as other clients have confirmed that this works good with WPML: https://wordpress.org/plugins/really-simple-ssl/

After that, please clear all sort of caches in your site plugin cache (W3 Total Cache) / CDN cache (if any) / browser cache and then check, it will hopefully resolve the issue as we have solved such issues before in the same way.

Thank you

January 6, 2018 at 4:07 am #1474912

kongritN

Thanks for your reply. It was actually caused by the AWS application load balancer we were using, and not the plugin.

September 27, 2019 at 6:59 pm #4656433

michaelS-110

Hi
We are also using a loadbalancer. But we still have the mixed content issue. It's really anoying.

We're using the latest wpml version: Version 4.2.9

We followed the steps with really simple ssl plugin. But it doesn't change anything. This is what we get as debug information:
General
Plugin version: 3.2.5
SSL certificate is valid
SSL is enabled

Options
* Mixed content fixer
* WordPress redirect
* Use alternative method to fix mixed content

Server information
Server: nginx
SSL Type: LOADBALANCER

Detecting configuration

SSL Configuration
checking if .htaccess can or should be edited...
.htaccess not found.
converting siteurl and homeurl to https
Mixed content fixer succesfully detected
.htaccess not found in /tink/data/www/tink_ch/

Constants
No constants defined