Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by massimoS-6 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
April 19, 2021 at 6:21 pm #8575317

massimoS-6

Hello!
I have translated the content of the sliders in the homepage hidden link
(they are two sliders one at the top and one in the middle of the page) with string translation
On desktop there is no problem, but I do not know why, if I check it with a smartphone, I either see everything the all the slider text in Italian or in English, independently from the language I have chosen. Currently I visualize it all in Italian, even if I am on English page, but it happened to see it in English even if I was on the Italian page. But on desktop it seems fine.

Can you help?

Thank you!
Max

EDIT: I noticed not that also on a computer I get the same result, everything is in Italian now

EDIT2: When I am logged in as admin, I see it correctly on both mobile and computer

April 20, 2021 at 1:06 pm #8581937

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello!
Perhaps the issue there is with caching?
Could you try to disable cache temporary at least and see if it helps?
I see that you are using SG Optimizer - and there is memcache and / or dynamic cache that might be the cause of the same language appearing when you are not logged-in.

April 20, 2021 at 1:33 pm #8582273

massimoS-6

Hi!
That's what I thought, I disabled SG cache for some hours now, and then I went in the control panel and disabled memcached and everything that had something to do with caching.
But still the translations are not displayed properly.

April 20, 2021 at 2:19 pm #8582767

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I’ll be glad to help you today.

1) It seems that the slider is created by the LayerSlider plugin. Could you please check our guide about LayerSlider? (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/creating-multilingual-sliders-using-layerslider-and-wpml/)

2) It's not related to the issue, but according to your Debug.info, the WP memory limit needs to be increased. PHP memory is fine, but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb. (Kindly check this page https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/)

Add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

April 20, 2021 at 2:36 pm #8582907

massimoS-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!