This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 17, 2019 at 8:45 am #4227607

attilaN

I am trying to:

Upgrade WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Hi Bobby,

Something is still not clear around the recent update or renewal.

There is a Woocommerce e-mail designer (Kadence) where I have translated strings of the notification emails via String translation. See attached the example for the string "Product".
Basically all Kadence e-mail designer strings do not show their translation but the original English keywords. See also attached.

Now I see that the same applies for an other domain: Yith Woocommerce request a quote. The notification emails' texts are English again. See also attached.

Please advise.

Thank you and kind regards,
Attila

July 17, 2019 at 10:33 am #4228699

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Attila,

Thank you for opening a separate ticket for the new question!

Now, is there any chance that you could give me a link to the page that you used to get that screenshot from, please? At first I thought that it's an order page (like hidden link) but it still looks pretty different. I just need a link to that page so I can have a closer look and see why is it not translated well.

Thanks,
Radu

July 17, 2019 at 10:41 am #4228765

attilaN

Hi Radu,

Thank you.

In fact the images are from notification emails send by the mentioned plugins. What I can do is to include your e-mail address on this staging site for the debug session so that you will receive shop admin email notifications.

Please provide an e-mail address.

Attila

July 19, 2019 at 7:22 am #4244463

Radu
Supporter

Hey Attila,

You can add this email to the staging site: radu.c@onthegosystems.com.
I looked for the Kadence WooCommerce Email Designer plugin and it seems that this was never tested with WPML (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility). There might be some compatibility issues between this plugin and WPML. Can you tell me if this is the version that you're using https://wordpress.org/plugins/kadence-woocommerce-email-designer/, please? I just want to make sure that I'm testing the same plugin.
The YITH WooCommerce Request A Quote plugin is a part of the compatible plugins list but we last tested it a long time ago (2017). Is there any chance that you could send me a copy of the latest version so I can test it on my website too?

Thanks,
Radu

July 19, 2019 at 7:57 am #4244757

attilaN

Hi Radu,

I added you to the staging site.

Yes, the Kadence plugin and version is correct.

I will send you the YWRAQ plugin zip by email from info [at] webmaitt.hu

Kind regards,
Attila

July 24, 2019 at 5:32 am #4270439

Radu
Supporter

Hey Attila,

I had some small issues with the mailing system and that's why I needed a bit more time to test this out. I finally managed to translate the mail content send by YITH Request a quote, once I translated the request a quote page. When you add a product to the quote list, a button that lets you see the whole list of quotes appears. On my website is called Request a Quote. Can you edit it on your website, create the translation for it, and try again to send an email, please? As I said, this did the trick for me. Please let me know how it works on your side.

Thanks,
Radu

July 29, 2019 at 7:04 am #4297251

attilaN

Hi Radu,

What exactly I need to do to reproduce what you have tried / done?

Kind regards,
Attila

July 30, 2019 at 7:42 am #4305453

Radu
Supporter

Hey Attila,

Please translate this page hidden link and now the translations made in String Translation should appear in the mail that the user receives. Can you give this a try, please?

Thanks,
Radu

July 30, 2019 at 8:07 am #4305575

attilaN

Hi Radu,

Let me clarify that I have already translated the YITH plugin .po file.

According to your advise I have done it again with the following steps made:
1) From WPML String Translation Export downloaded the "yith-woocommerce-request-a-quote-hu.po" file.
2) Translated it with POEdit.
3) Uploaded with String Translation Import and applied the translated strings.

With that done I expect to see the Quote Request page translated into Hungarian. Unfortunately many of the strings (that are translated) still appear in English. See attached.

With that said I did not even bother with testing notification emails because the webpage itself seems to be not yet shown translated.

Please note again that the same steps I have made already for the YITH and the Kadence plugins before and the translations were appearing correctly in the pages and in the notification emails.
Please note again that only after upgrading WPML and string translation these translations have no effect. See the upgraded versions numbers attached.

Please advise on how to maybe reproduce a former state where all already translated.po files have effect in the frontend.

Attila

July 31, 2019 at 9:38 am #4313349

Radu
Supporter

Hey Attila,

Can you try to create a copy of your website on a staging, download the previous version of WPML and String translation (you can find them here https://wpml.org/download/wpml-multilingual-cms/?section=changelog and here https://wpml.org/download/wpml-string-translation/?section=changelog), and tell me if the translation is going back to normal, please? Also, is there any change that you could deactivate the caching modules and the plugin himself too? There's a chance that the translation of these elements is cached and I want to make sure that this is not the case here.

Thanks,
Radu

July 31, 2019 at 10:12 am #4313531

attilaN

Hi Radu,

This IS the staging site.

I reverted back to the one step older versions of CMS and String Translation. See attached.

I thereafter checked the YITH plugin admin page (see attached) and the YITH quote request frontend page. Both immediately showed the previously translated strings!

There was no need to bother with cache - seemingly the downgrade solved the issue.

Please kindly debug the latest versions of WPML components. (In relation to YWRAQ and Kadence plugins as well.)

Attila

July 31, 2019 at 12:01 pm #4314125

Radu
Supporter

Hey Attila,

Sorry about this. I forgot that this is the staging website. I'm usually very careful when doing changes on websites because most of the users give us access to the live versions and we don't want to make things look bad.
Now, going back to this issue, could you create a duplicator package so I can create a local copy of your website and check a few more things, please? Just simply have a look at this article https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ and once the package is created, give me a message here and I'll download it from the website dashboard. There is a change that fixed this issue for other users but it's not doing the trick for your website and that's why I want to create a copy on my side, to check things a bit closer.

Thanks,
Radu

July 31, 2019 at 12:20 pm #4314249

attilaN

Hi Radu,

Package has been created.

Please note carefully that even if this is a staging site there are thousands of customers and their email addresses stored. Please PREVENT the site from flooding them with unwanted emails while testing! Please block ANY emailing capabilities in your localhost.

Attila

August 21, 2019 at 6:50 am #4428315

attilaN

Hi Radu,

Thank you but the migration has failed.
See attached.

Kind regards,
Attila

August 23, 2019 at 11:52 am #4446543

Radu
Supporter

Hey Attila,

This might be the same error that occurred to me when trying to create a local copy of your website. Unfortunately, we don't have any more details about what might be causing this.

Is there any chance that you could deactivate the security plugins (like Wordfence), and the caching ones (if available), and try to migrate again the website, please? I'll look a bit more into this and see if I can find any solution from users that had the same migration issue before.

Thanks,
Radu