Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by massimoS-6 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bernat Torras.

Author Posts
January 14, 2017 at 4:22 pm #1182223

massimoS-6

Some strings within the theme I am using are not showing even if they have been translated. Here is where it is: hidden link , the "Sign in" has been translated into French but the english version is showing.
Also, I need to translate woocommerce customer subscription emails, where do I find them??
Thanks!

January 16, 2017 at 12:22 pm #1182919

Bernat Torras

Hi @massimos-6,

Thanks for contacting support, I'll do my best to help you with this! 🙂

I've checked your site and I don't see that 'Sign in' string anywhere. Could you tell me where I can find it?

If you have translated it in WPML>Strings Translation but it is not appearing translated in the Frontend maybe it means that the string that is being displayed on your frontend is a different one that is not registered in Strings Translation. Do you have any idea about where this string is coming from? Have you specified it (or can you specify it) in a backend page like plugins or theme options page? If so, we'll need to use a specific workaround to translate it.

As far as I know, you should be able to translate all emails strings from WPML>Strings Translation too. Have you checked if you can find any of these strings there?

Thanks,
Bernat

January 16, 2017 at 2:16 pm #1183053

massimoS-6

Sorry, my bad, look for "sign up" you will find that string in woocommerce-subscription domain

January 16, 2017 at 3:06 pm #1183111

massimoS-6

Of course the problem is inverted now, on the english page it's "je m'abonne" where should be "sign up"

January 17, 2017 at 7:42 am #1183526

Bernat Torras

Hi,

I think the best would be to take a look at your backend. Could you share your backend credentials with us? I'll mark your next reply as private to let you share these credentials with us in a secure and private way.

Also, could you tell us where this string is coming from? Have you defined it in some theme or plugin options page? If so, please let us know which page is it and where can we find it.

Thanks,
Bernat

January 17, 2017 at 1:54 pm #1183947

Bernat Torras

Hi Max,

Thanks for providing the details. Could you also tell me where are all these strings coming from?

In the case of 'Je m'abonne' I see that it is coming from WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin options. In this case, this string is registered as an admin option, and if the plugin doesn't specify WPML to consider it translatable, you need to set it as translatable manually. You can do this following these simple steps:

1- Go to WPML>Strings Translation and click the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link you'll find at the bottom of the page.

2- In this page you'll find a large list of admin options strings that are registered on your site. Search for the strings here ('je m'abonne' for example).

3- If you find the strings you want to translate, select them (checking their checkbox) and click 'Apply' button (at the bottom of the page)

4- Go to WPML>Strings Translation and search for these added strings. You should find them there and be able to translate them (make sure you mark them as 'complete')

Please make sure that the string is registered in the correct language. Ideally you should define this admin option (in plugin options page) in your main language and then translate it to your secondary language but if you've registered it in your secondary language and want to keep it this way, you'll probably need to select this string in WPML>Strings Translation and click 'Modifier la langue des chaînes sélectionnées' button to change its original language.

Could you tell me if you can get all your strings translated this way?

Thanks,
Bernat

February 22, 2017 at 8:51 am #1214298

Bernat Torras

Hi Max,

Compatibility team has checked this issue and they say that these strings should be automatically set to translatable in the last WPML version. When using the latest WPML version you should be able to find these strings registered in WPML>String Translation.

Could you check if you're using latest WPML version (if not, please update) and see if you can find these strings in WPML>String Translation? If you find them, please translate them (marking them as complete) and confirm if they appear translated in Frontend.

In case they don't appear, try to save its values again in WooCommerce>Settings>Subscriptions and check again.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Bernat

February 22, 2017 at 10:54 am #1214464

massimoS-6

Hi Bernat!
The problem looks like it's solved but I will check everything again.
Thank you for your help!

Max