This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
September 16, 2019 at 2:30 pm #4581319

richardM-49

I am trying to:

Hi, I translated the 'about me' text on my site. This page has a footer and a big text 'about me'. I translated all the text today, but now its gone! :O

And when I hit the 'translate to hungarian' button in my wordpress pages section, it even doesn't show up as a translatable text. it acts like there was no text at all on my about me page.

Do I lost 3 hours of translate?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link (english, and if you switch to hungarian you can see only the main title stayed translated, the HUn text missed.)

I expected to see:
The hungarian text what I translated

Instead, I got:
English text, and I can not translate again, cause the translatable text doesnt show up.

September 17, 2019 at 10:38 am #4587751

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

I can see 2 versions of the about us page, one in English and one in Hungarian but they are indeed different. they have different elements so that gives me the impression that you have manually translated the page (without the use of any Translation editor, which is what you're showing in the screenshot you sent in your ticket reply).

I suspect, given the amount of plugins you have and roughly how much memory they would each take that the first thing we need to do is increase the WordPress allocated memory.

Please add the following code in your wp-config.php file, right after the database information lines of code:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT','200M');

- Then, please add a character in the title of the about me page and save it (with this step you'll be triggering a "forced update" on the translations)

- Last but not least try to translate the page again and let me know if that worked.

If there are then pieces missing, please do not translate it manually, because that will be overwritten, so instead let me know where it is the missing text or divi modules so i know how to proceed.

Regards.

P.S: the text in the translation editor is not shown in the order of appearance, so don't alarm yourself if you find it at the beginning of the translations editor page or lower in another order.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translated text lost!’ is closed to new replies.