This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 13, 2019 at 9:31 pm #4390891

sadafJ

Dear Sir/Madam
I translated 2 pages as a test on my website but it did not work correctly, my design in my translated page is not correct as you see in my attachment. There is many space from left and right in side translated page.

It is my translated page : hidden link and it is my original page in English hidden link >>
My translated page is squeezed.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could help my to remove that issue.
Best regards

August 14, 2019 at 12:41 pm #4394839

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

I answered in your previous ticket. Please reply there so we can continue without duplicating tickets in the forum.

Best regards,
Carlos

August 14, 2019 at 7:09 pm #4397163

sadafJ

Dear Sir,
I have done process that he advised me, but my error still remain. It would be a thankfulness if you could help me. I have to other website for translate , I made them with the same theme and plugin. I'd like to work with plugin WPML . It is good. I really hope to remove this issue.
I had an attached file . If you look at my translated webpage squeezed and it is smaller than my original page that I made it in English language. I sent you those link.
Thank you very much .

August 15, 2019 at 2:31 am #4398399

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

I took another look at the issue and I suspect that the cause of this behavior is that your secondary language is 'right to left' (RTL) which in some sites might change the way elements are being displayed and styled.

I kindly ask you to run this test and let me know the results:
- Create a full backup of the site before making any changes. This is for security reasons.
- Go to WPML -> Languages -> Add a new language like Spanish which is 'left to right' (LTR) -> Save the changes.
- Translate the 'Career' page into this new language.
- Double check if the issue persists.

Could you tell me the results of the steps above?

Regards,
Carlos