This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by atsuoI 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 15, 2019 at 8:04 am

atsuoI

I am trying show japanese version of woocommerce privacy policy statement

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see japanese version of woocommerce privacy policy statement, but showing English one instead

Instead, I got English version of it even though it translated JP completely on string translation page on admin page

September 16, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4581281

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

When I visit this page, it correctly shows the privacy policy in Japanese.

Even the privacy policy link that shows up in the checkout page here (hidden link) is taking me to the same Japanese privacy policy version.

Can you please elaborate a bit more about what is the exact thing that you are trying to accomplish?

Some screenshots or a screen recording could help a lot!

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

September 16, 2019 at 2:35 pm #4581435

atsuoI

Hi, Mihai.

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't mean about privacy policy page.

The problem is privacy policy statement comes from Woocommerce on checkout page.
There is YOUR ORDER with white border, and payment method, and privacy policy statement like "Your personal data will be used to process your order, support your experience throughout this website, and for other purposes described in our privacy policy."
This should be translated into japanese but it's not.

I double checked string translation and the sentence is translated correctly, but changed language to JP but showing english one.

How do I fix this issue?

Thanks,
Atsuo

September 16, 2019 at 8:53 pm #4584101

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi Atsuo and thank you for confirming what were the strings that you were referring to.

Can you please try to translate the other 2 entries in the list here and see if that makes any difference:
hidden link

I am also attaching a screenshot so that you can see which entries I am referring to.

Kind regards,
Mihai

September 19, 2019 at 4:00 am #4601189

atsuoI

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!