Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by francescoc-84 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
April 17, 2021 at 10:59 am #8560833

francescoc-84

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to translate Row Id, Portfolios, Masonry Gallery and Button links for Visual Composer WPBakery

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Waiting for your support

Kind Regards

Francesco

4.PNG
3.PNG
2.PNG
1.PNG
April 17, 2021 at 3:23 pm #8561765

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

From the screenshots, I can see the modules you're having issues with are not default WPBakery modules, but custom ones (probably created by the theme).

Such modules can still be translated, but they need to be registered first.
Please check our guide https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/how-to-register-page-builder-modules-and-theme-options/

April 19, 2021 at 2:06 pm #8573227

francescoc-84

Hi Laura,

thank you for your reply first. Actually you're right, those ones are custom-made modules by the theme I bought. I read the article you posted last, however, not being a site developer, I find hard registering the shortcodes of these modules and, above all, to get them translatable. I've followed the steps of the tutorial you typed in the last message last and as specified at the end of procedure the translation icon is circular not pencil, however I don't think I've followed properly the procedure. I'd like to have a chat possibly...

3.PNG
2.PNG
1.PNG
April 19, 2021 at 2:12 pm #8573355

francescoc-84

in the attached photos I have shown the attempt to record the short code of a "button" module. First of all I'm not sure that the correct short code is "eltdf_button", then I'm not sure if the code to record is the following: <wpml-config>
<shortcodes>
<shortcode>
<tag>eltdf_button</tag>
</shortcode>
</shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

waitinh for your reply
If possible I'd have a chat

regards

Francesco

April 20, 2021 at 1:31 pm #8582203

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'm Osama from WPML forums support. I’ll be glad to help you today.

1) Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

2) I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

April 21, 2021 at 8:01 am #8588399

francescoc-84

Hi Osama,

first of all thank you and all the staff members for your support, you are really great 😉
At the moment I have some urgent work to deal with as soon as possible and it will keep me busy for a few days so unfortunately I can't work on my site under construction and follow your instructions in the last message. I hope to be back working on my site as soon as possible and still be able to receiving your support. May I kindly ask you to pause this ticket just for a few days?

regards
Francesco

April 21, 2021 at 8:08 am #8588427

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Francesco,

I hope everything would be fine and you could be back working on your site soon, I won't close this ticket, but our system closes it automatically after a week. If the ticket is closed before you could get back to us, you can always open a new ticket. We are always happy to help you.

Have a great day

Kind Regards,
Osama

April 30, 2021 at 5:02 pm #8664467

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for the access details. Could you please tell me how to reproduce the issue? Or how could I see the issue in your exciting pages?

Thanks,
Osama

May 1, 2021 at 9:54 am #8667183

francescoc-84

Hi Osama,

thanks for your reply. Being an architect I must confess my unfamiliarity with programming a site. I tried to register shortcodes as indicated on the page: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/how-to-register-page-builder-modules-and-theme-options/, unfortunately, I must admit my limitations and I failed. What I have to do is to translate WPBakery custom modules made by the editor of the Ambient theme, specifically these are:
1- Elated Button, they are buttons where I have to translate the text. For example, the button you see in the pictures HOMEPAGE 1 (1),(2),(3). You can find it on the Homepage.
2- Elated Icon with Text, these are icons where I have to translate the text. For example, the icons you see in the photos HOMEPAGE 2 (1),(2),(3). You can find it on the Homepage.
3- Elated Masonry Gallery, they are photo galleries where I have to translate the text and the link to make them appear. For example, the masonry gallery you see in the photos HOMEPAGE 3 (1),(2),(3). You can find it on the Homepage.
4- Elated Portfolio Lists, are portfolios of photos where I have to translate the link to make them appear. For example, the Portoflio Lists you see in the photos HOMEPAGE 4 (1),(2),(3). You can find it on the Homepage, using the translator only one item is translated.
5- Row Id, are the links to link id rows to the item lists in the menu. For example, the photos you see in the HOMEPAGE 5 (1),(2),(3). You can find it here: hidden link.
6- Elated Progress Bar, they are bars with percentages, I have to translate the text here too. For example, the bars you see in the pictures THE STUDIO 1 (1),(2),(3). You can find it on The Studio page.
7- Elated Team, these are images with text to translate. For example Elated Team you see in the photos THE STUDIO 2 (1),(2),(3). You can find it on The Studio page.
8- Elated Accordion Tab, these are Accordions where I have to translate the text. For example the accordions you see in the REAL ESTATE DEVEL photos. 1 (1),(2),(3). You can find it on the Real Estate Development page.

thanks
Francesco

THE STUDIO 2 (3).png
THE STUDIO 2 (2).png
THE STUDIO  1(3).png
THE STUDIO  1(2).png
REAL ESTE DEVEL. 1 (3).png
REAL ESTE DEVEL. 1 (2).png
HOMEPAGE 5 (3).png
HOMEPAGE 5 (2).png
HOMEPAGE 5 (1).png
HOMEPAGE 4 (3).png
HOMEPAGE 4 (2).png
HOMEPAGE 4 (1).png
HOMEPAGE 3 (3).png
HOMEPAGE 3 (2).png
HOMEPAGE 2 (3).png
HOMEPAGE 1 (3).png
HOMEPAGE 1 (2).png
May 1, 2021 at 11:49 am #8667701

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Francesco,

1) Thank you very much for the detailed info. There is a workaround to translate these elements without adding custom XML; hence you are not familiar with the coding. You could edit the English page with WP Bakery editor and translate these elements.

2) For the issues from 1 to 5 (Home page), kindly go to (hidden link)

You could edit all the elements 1,2,4,5 and translate the strings the same way as you edit your default language.

The issue would be in the Mansory Gallery. I've checked it and found that the gallery items are not translated correctly. (Kindly check the attached screenshot 1)
Once you upload the images in the gallery items, they should be shown on the front end.

3) For the issues on the Studio page, kindly go to (hidden link)

You could edit the Team and the progress bar elements and translate the strings.

4) This workaround should be done manually. You can't use it if you want to use an automatic translation service.

I've added the following code to WPML-> Settings-> Custom XML tab

<wpml-config>
    <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>eltdf_button</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>text</attribute>
                <attribute>Link</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
    </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

After that, the button text appeared correctly on the translation editor. (Kindly check the attached screenshot 2)

Kindly check this guide. It could help you write the code. (https://wpml.org/documentation/support/maintaining-wpbakery-page-builder-compatibility-with-wpml/) (Kindly check the attached screenshot 3)

I hope this reply helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
May 4, 2021 at 9:42 am #8682543

francescoc-84

Hi Osama, first of all, I have to congratulate you on your speed in responding, I was expecting a response within a day or two instead but it was only after a few hours, it's the first time I see such fast responses, congratulations 😜. I just translated everything that was left, thanks for the support, the indications were helpful 😜 👍