This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Translating 25,000 words

Solution:you should be able to use the language switcher at the top bar of the page regardless if the translation is in progress, but if indeed its showing empty then i suggest deleting the translation in progress and then doing the "duplicate" so you can afterwards follow the previous instructions and manually edit the translation adding it without having to go paragraph to paragraph

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelM-130 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 7:45 pm #3706345

michaelM-130

Hey guys,

I would like to display the privacy policy in german and english.

I already got the translation for german and I would like to insert the whole text.

Is there a solution to avoid the advanced translation editor because in the ATE I need to translate every sentence again.

Kind regards
Michael

April 29, 2019 at 8:53 pm #3706597

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

if you use the Advanced Translation Editor you can still add manually the translation without using up your words quoata

or you can go to pages->edit default language page->use the language switcher at the top and switch to the secondary language , this should keep you within the WP page builder view

let me know if this works out

April 30, 2019 at 7:35 am #3708725

michaelM-130

Hey Bobby,

thanks for your quick response.

Actually, with the first method on the ATE I still need to translate paragraph for paragraph. I cannot insert all words in once.

The second method: I cannot switch the default language for the page. I dont know if its because I didnt finish the translation job?
It didnt duplicate the page to german, so that I could edit there.

Do you have any suggestions on this?

Thanks

April 30, 2019 at 6:33 pm #3714293

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

you should be able to use the language switcher at the top bar of the page regardless if the translation is in progress, but if indeed its showing empty then i suggest deleting the translation in progress and then doing the "duplicate" so you can afterwards follow the previous instructions and manually edit the translation adding it without having to go paragraph to paragraph

if this is still not working well please let me know and i can take a closer look at your backend.

May 1, 2019 at 3:07 pm #3718709

michaelM-130

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!