Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 2, 2017 at 3:13 pm #1389137

danielJ-8

Hi,

I am translating this site:

hidden link

into English.

The problem is with the Footer Menu, which is not a usual WordPress menu. It is a text string inserted into an option of the theme customizer. See image attached. It's the text in the "Footer Copyright" field.

I think the solution is to make changes to the xml-config file for WPML (see image attached).

I found this tutorial (https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/) but I don't know what piece of code should I insert.

I don't know how to identify this field and what piece of code should I insert.

Can you please help and provide the right code?

Thanks!

Daniel

October 3, 2017 at 6:25 pm #1390484

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Often times the texts you add in the theme options are stored in Admin Texts. Please go to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page look for a section titled something like theme_mods_yourthemename. Expand the section and tick the checkbox next to the strings you want to translate and click Apply to add it to the String Translation table. Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.