This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
May 1, 2019 at 11:22 am #3717759

assafD

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello, So I am trying to translate ONLY the headers of my tables. The tables content is generated in the function.php file and I need somehow trough your plugin to translate only the headers.
I thought I might find them in the String Translation but I can not. Should I enable something so I can make them visible in the string translation?
I am talking about for example table of these page:
hidden link
Section Trading conditions.

If you need more information let me know.

May 1, 2019 at 4:22 pm #3718903

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I would need to know how the header of the table is created to be sure. In the meanwhile, please make sure that you have, as an example, for the first column header.
__('Instrument', 'some-domain') instead of just 'Instrument'.
Then use the scan capability in WPML->Theme and plugins localization to scan for the string, it will then be available in WPML->String Translation under the defined domain, in this case 'some-domain'.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

Let me know if this helps, otherwise, please provide more details on how the table header is created, the code that is responsible for that. Or the plugin/theme that is providing that.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

The topic ‘[Closed] Translating a tables headers, generated in the functions. php file’ is closed to new replies.