This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
June 5, 2019 at 2:46 pm

danielF-60

I am trying to: get translations for german and french for the wpml-compatible plugin Events Schedule WP Plugin

Is there a possibility to get the translations? Or do I need to translate each string separately??

What I already did: theme- and plugin localization and activating MO-files.

Thanks for your help

June 6, 2019 at 2:04 am #3964831

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. There's a server protection before reaching your wp-admin login fields, I would need these access details as well. As regarding your issue, if you theme provide translated po/mo files for the WordPress Dashboard strings then it should be displayed when you change the language of your admin sections. For example, if you are viewing your WordPress Dashboard in german and the plugin has translated po/mo german files, then it should be loaded by WordPress. Can you please, confirm if you are changing the admin language?

If you mean, using the po/mo files provided by the plugin in your website frontend instead of having to translate all the strings again, then you can make sure you are using the option 'Use String Translation but load .mo files as a backup' from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Theme and plugins localization settings. Please, let me know if it helps. Have a nice day.