This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.79 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maxL-15 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 7, 2019 at 12:03 pm #4354729

maxL-15

Hi there, I just want to know if I can start translating on crystal.loomanit.nl and later connecting all the translations to seperated domains (crystal-kolloiden.de, crystal-colloidaal.be etc.) or that I first need to set-up all the seperated domains to languages before starting translating.

Would like to hear from you really soon, I have an appointment for translating the German site within 30 minutes. So please answer this question asap. Thanks in advance.

August 7, 2019 at 4:48 pm #4356939

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I assume that you want to use the Language URL format of 'A different domain per language'. If so there is no problem that you would start your translations in whatever Language URL format WPML is currently configured on your site and later switch to the 'A different domain per language' option.

The option 'A different domain per language' requires server-side configurations. Please read our documentation about it here.
https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

Regards,
Itamar.

August 12, 2019 at 10:45 am #4380149

maxL-15

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!