This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marianH 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 13, 2019 at 2:38 pm #4569491

marianH

Hello,

I am using the Newspaper theme and I cannot get the bio of the news author to translate. I did translate the string as suggested in another thread, but there still is the same German version on the English site.

I also could not replicate this thread (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-translate-biographical-info/) as when I edit the English version by switching the language in the backend, the German version also get edited 😉

Marian

September 13, 2019 at 10:18 pm #4570921

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. In the ticket you posted above at the bottom of page one of our supporters recommends another approach to editing the biography. Please, check here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-translate-biographical-info/#post-1414382

By following these steps, can you translate the biography description?

Thank you.

September 14, 2019 at 3:04 pm #4572833

marianH

Yes,

see here hidden link

It still is in German on the English site

hidden link

September 14, 2019 at 3:31 pm #4572913

marianH

Hello,

maybe it is an setup issue? I was trying to translate widget content on the EN side using the String translator too. Was not working either.

But the problem is, that the string translator shows the German wording as if it was English. I was using the option "change the language of the string", but maybe it is related to the issue that WPML thinks that my German strings are English?

September 16, 2019 at 7:01 am #4576721

marianH

So whatever I test, I seem not get the string translation to work in any case. WPML registered my German strings as English and even if I change a German text with the English flag to German and then translate it to English, the translation is not working on the English version.

Reading through the forum here, this seems to be usual problem though? Maybe an easy fix 😉

September 16, 2019 at 6:53 pm #4583405

marianH

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!