This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
January 29, 2019 at 3:10 pm #3140390

micheleB-16

I am trying to: test and set up Translation Management for the sales team.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: a field to translate CF7, inserting a different shortcode.

Instead, I got: No such field.

While setting up CF7, I've duplicated my forms and configured each in a language. Via Visual Composer, I use the content element to select my form in Italian. In Translation Management, I'd like to be able to select a different form, at least by inserting a different shortcode. I've no UI for that. The only way is to translate it manually under Posts.

January 30, 2019 at 10:20 am #3143158

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

It looks like that CF7 field is not yet supported for TM:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/#supported-modules

Can you tell me if you are using CF7 VC element on the site? Not sure I got that part.

However, can you try this workaround instead:
- open String Translation
- find the string which contains the form ID (domain would be page-builder-shortcode-strings-XXX where XXX is the page ID number)
- into translation fields (in my case it is 108, which is the ID of the form itself - in original language), put form IDs of your form translations, mark Translation is complete and click Save

You can get the form ID by checking the browser bar.

If you are not using CF7 VC field, you could also try the same logic in order to find the string which holds the shortcode and then put the translated form shortcode inside.

Let me know how it goes and if any of these work for you! Also check images I attached here.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

January 31, 2019 at 8:41 am #3146646

micheleB-16

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your kind reply. I'm in fact using Visual Composer's CF7 module to select the form. Since, as you say, it's not yet supported by Translation Management, I'll check the String Translation method.

Will let you know.
Kind regards.
M

January 31, 2019 at 10:42 am #3147325

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Ok, let me know how it goes!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

January 31, 2019 at 1:40 pm #3148117

micheleB-16

Hi Bruno, I have looked into it. In my case, I could locate a page IDs, but inside there is no reference to Contact Form 7 shortcodes. I guess I'll have to do it manually.

Kind regards.
M

January 31, 2019 at 1:46 pm #3148128

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

There would be not directly - it would be stored within string, such as the one I pointed within "page-builder-shortcode-strings.jpg". So you'd be looking for a string which contains the form ID as its content - that's actually that CF7 VC element, but holding information as a regular string.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Translating CF7 when using Visual Composer’ is closed to new replies.