We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 27 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Dat Hoang 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
June 8, 2016 at 9:10 pm #902420

janM-14

Hi,

My site: hidden link - native polish
english version: hidden link
I’ve translated site with WPML, but I am not able to translate all content on checkout page: simply there aren't in String translator (I've tried to add them via Theme and plugin localization as I found similar topic on this forum but still nothing...). As you can see hidden link some of content is translated (red arrows) even some via String translator e.g. Shipping "Courier DPD" or payments e.g. "Bank transfer" but rest is in polish and I have no clue how to translate it...

June 9, 2016 at 5:55 am #902617

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Could you please follow the below steps to fix the issue:
1) Go to WPML->Themes & Plugin localization and check the "Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation" checkbox
2) Once saved go below the page under "Strings in the theme/plugins"
3) Choose the woocommerce plugin that you are using and select the "Scan the themes/plugins for strings" Button
4) Once the scanning process is finished, go to WPML->Strings translation - Search for the strings and translate them to the secondary languages.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

For I’ve read and accept the search in the string translation with the following keywoards "I’ve read and accept the"

Please let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply.

Thanks

June 9, 2016 at 5:30 pm #904628

janM-14

Hi,

I've done what you wrote but still can't find strings from checkout page. The strange thing is that "Postcode / ZIP" and "Town / City" has been translated automaticly, but can't find this strings in "String Translator" ...

June 10, 2016 at 3:17 am #905208

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Would you mind providing me login details, so I can check your settings? I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

I will wait for your feedback.

Thanks

June 13, 2016 at 4:30 am #908232

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

The strange thing is that "Postcode / ZIP" and "Town / City" has been translated automaticly, but can't find this strings in "String Translator" ...
==> I am able to find this in string translation, so could you please check the issue again?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks

June 13, 2016 at 12:19 pm #909117

janM-14

Hi,

I still have a problem 🙁 because of other issue: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translating-price-suffix/ I've changed settings in String Translation to "Enable the "Auto-register strings only when logged in as an administrator" " after that I found strings about Shipping companies and translated them and I can see translated content on checkout page.

Also I found new domain "woocommerce_freshmail" so I have translated "Zapisz się do newslettera" to english "Subscribe to Newsletter" but on checkout page is still only in polish... hidden link and as you see content above the "Zapisz się do newslettera" checkbox is also in polish and also can't find it in String Translator.

I am using debugbar plugin and it is reporting 3 notices on checkout page: hidden link mayby it will be clue...

June 14, 2016 at 3:46 am #910422

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Are you having a new problem? Could you please check your screenshots again as its same. Could you please explain abit more about the problem, so I better understand.

Thanks

June 14, 2016 at 5:03 pm #912216

janM-14

Hi,

Problem is still the same: I don't know how to translate every string on Checkout page: hidden link

June 15, 2016 at 4:40 am #912644

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Could you please check if this issue appears when

All WPML plugins are updated to the latest version.

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

All non WPML Plugins are disabled. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin.

Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.

Thanks

June 20, 2016 at 11:17 pm #921065

janM-14

Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

#2: found source of the issue: plugin WooCommerce Flexible Checkout Fields - when is disabled all strings are translated....

June 21, 2016 at 4:48 am #921273

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Flexible WooCommerce Checkout Fields plugin is not compatible with WPML yet, you can find a list of compatible plugins here: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

In order to debug this issue further and test the compatibility I will need the latest plugin file along with it's documentation link, so could you please provide this, I tried to view the documentation from the plugin list, but the link is broken.

Thanks

June 22, 2016 at 10:48 am #924136

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Since the plugin doesn't work without license key, it is being hard for me to debug the problem, so I need to duplicate your site and test it on my local server so I request you to send me the wp-content folder and database backup of your site, so I can replicate it properly. You can use google drive and send me the link.

I will wait for your feedback.

Thanks

June 23, 2016 at 10:50 am #926286

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for the details.

It seems the Flexible WooCommerce Checkout Fields can rename or label fields name accordingly and store it as a result the translation is not working. To make the translation work with Flexible WooCommerce Checkout Fields please follow the below steps:
1) Go to WPML->string translation
2) Go to bottom of the page and click "Translate texts in admin screens »"
3) Search for "inspire_checkout_fields_settings" and click it
4) Each fields will display below, now click on every fields and check the label only "Note: Label only"
5) Click Apply.
6) Now go to string translation and translate it.

Note: Since you default language is in Polish, the string translation will register those values as English as you need to change the source language of those strings to Polish. Please follow the below steps:
1) Go to WPML->String Translation
2) Search for "Languages of domains" and click it.
3) Once clicked a Pop-up box will appear.
4) On the pop-up box "Select for which domain to set the language:" field, please select "admin_texts_inspire_checkout_fields_settings"
5) Once you select the fields the pop-up box will expand, Under the "This domain currently has the following strings:" check the current language of the strings.
6) Once you check the language checkbox, the pop-up box will expand again. on the expanded pop-up box "Set the source language of these strings to:" field select the language you want, currently select "Polish".
7. Select the "Use this language as the default language for new strings in this domain" checkbox and click apply.
8. Now if you go to string translation you can see the fields in Polish, translate it in English.

Please let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply.

Thanks

June 24, 2016 at 3:40 pm #928697

janM-14

Hi,

I've done everything as you wrote but when I go back to string translation ('6)') I can't find this strings and also there is no "admin_texts_inspire_checkout_fields_settings" . Can you please check it on live page?

June 27, 2016 at 5:53 am #930248

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Yes I am able to replicate the problem, it seems there must be some fatal errors while processing the strings, so to narrow down the issue, Could you please turn on your WordPress debug. http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE); 
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL); 
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt'); 

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory.
Please try to repeat the action and send me the error_log.txt contents.

Thanks