Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alex Paulsen 3 years, 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
January 29, 2018 at 2:55 pm #1500273

Alex Paulsen

Hello,

I'm managing a multilingual site in several languages. The main language is Danish. Now I am creating a form for the German part of the website, where I need to use the attachment input field, allowing the user to upload files to the form.

The problem is, that the 'Browse'-button-text and the 'No file selected'-text next to it, is still in Danish. I've browsed through String Translation several times to try and translate this, but it doesn't seem to be possible.

Furthermore, the date input format is also in Danish, and needs to be translated to German.

Please see enclosed screenshot. How can I translate these inout field text?

Best regards,
Alex

da-de-lang.jpg
January 30, 2018 at 3:51 am #1501001

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello

1. Input Fields not found in String Translation
If you do not find the text in the string translation table, then it may be because the text you are looking for are either not properly localised --OR-- the texts are configurable options that need to be registered via the Custom XML Configuration tab found here:
WPML -> Translation Management

You can read about this here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#structure-and-syntax

2. Date formats
Depending on how the date is stored in the database, it may be that the date also needs to be correctly localized within the template code.

e.g. https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/date_i18n

I would have to take a closer look at this to be sure.

3. Next steps
3.1 Install and activate the ARI Adminer plugin
3.2 Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.
3.3 Provide a link where I can see the Contact form on the frontend.

Thanks

January 30, 2018 at 12:53 pm #1501516

Alex Paulsen

Hello Yvette,

Thanks for offering to take a closer look at it. I may need take you up on that at another time. 🙂

During testing, I found that WPML (or Contact Form 7?) also adjusts the language of these fields, depending on the language settings of the visitor's browser. Sure enough, when testing the form-url with German language settings in the browser, everything turned out as expected.

So I am closing this ticket for now, since translation is not necessary at the moment.

Thanks for your support. 🙂

BR,
Alex