This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am using wpforms-lite. I need to translate parts of the form to include the "Comment or Message". Solution: You can only create two different forms (one for each language) and add them to each version of the Contact page. Basically, each form will have its own shortcode and you'll have to add each one of them to the right language.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by anthonyL-13 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 16, 2019 at 4:26 am #4216019

anthonyL-13

Tell us what you are trying to do?
translate contact us fields.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

July 16, 2019 at 4:28 am #4216027

anthonyL-13

I am using wpforms-lite.
I need to translate parts of the form to include the "Comment or Message"
I found it in string translation, put in the translation, clicked "Use my translation" etc. but it didnt work.
What should I do?

July 16, 2019 at 6:27 am #4216535

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Anthony,

The WPForms plugin is not yet on our compatible plugins list, which means that was not yet fully tested with WPML (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/).
I made some tests on my website and it seems that you can only create two different forms (one for each language) and add them to each version of the Contact page. Basically, each form will have its own shortcode and you'll have to add each one of them to the right language.
Can you give this a try and tell me how it works for you, please?

Thanks,
Radu

July 16, 2019 at 10:30 am #4219125

anthonyL-13

Thank you. That worked.

One other issue. In WooCommerce/Settings/Accounts & Privacy
If I change the Checkout privacy policy in one language, it changes it in all languages.
What can be done for that?

July 17, 2019 at 8:39 am #4227561

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Anthony,

I'm glad to hear that the little change about the WPForms did the trick 🙂

Regarding the text from Account & Privacy section, once you change the text from Checkout privacy policy, can you go to Dashboard → WPML → String translation and search for the text that you just added? Basically, this is the place where you should be able to control the policy privacy text for each language.

Thanks,
Radu

July 17, 2019 at 11:43 am #4229595

anthonyL-13

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!