This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 13, 2019 at 5:03 am #3603571

ahmedM-19

Tell us what you are trying to do? Trying to translate contents

Is there any documentation that you are following? hidden link

Is there a similar example that we can see? hidden link

What is the link to your site? felguide.com

April 13, 2019 at 8:24 pm #3605569

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

The Widget titles and other plugin and theme options can be translated with String Translation. Please go to WPML -> String Translation. For Widget titles please select the domain "Widgets" from the dropdown menu. You further can use the text search field to locate strings. (See screenshot)

Now in case you can not find strings select the option "translate strings in admin screens" at the bottom of the screen to change further strings that you were not able to locate with the free text search in String Translation.

Now, search for the correct domain of your currently used theme or plugin.

Locate strings and mark the checkbox for the string, scroll to the bottom and apply your selection.

The string is now available on String Translation.

Let me know if you need any assistance with this task.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 14, 2019 at 3:16 am #3606321

ahmedM-19

Hello Andreas,
Thank you for your response.

I know these steps but I couldn't find or transfer the correct domains for these strings.
Please check this: hidden link

Waiting for your feedback.

Thanks
Dodd

April 15, 2019 at 5:09 pm #3615235

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

April 16, 2019 at 6:06 pm #3624373

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I was able to locate many strings inside the option "translate texts in admin strings" which you can find at the bottom of the screen for String Translations. Some of them had to be added with a custom XML configuration at WPML -> Settings.

I further, took some adjustments for strings that been assigned to the wrong language and you post page, which was a duplicate of the Arabic version. It is now a independent English page with English title.

Also, please complete the translations for categories, tags and more at WPML -> Taxonomy Translations.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 16, 2019 at 10:48 pm #3625909

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Additional to my last message.

You should be able to find now all the required strings from your screenshots on String Translation, as soon as you open the module. Otherwise, please use the text search or navigate directly to the respective admins_texts_domain of the theme.

In case the translations will not show up on front end please contact me again.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 17, 2019 at 5:52 am #3627219

ahmedM-19

Hello Andreas....Thank you so much for your professional response.

I couldn't find the strings specified in the attached screen shots even i the admin text area.
Please help
Thanks

April 17, 2019 at 5:54 am #3627289

ahmedM-19

strings that been assigned to the wrong language and you post page, which was a duplicate of the Arabic version. It is now a independent English page with English title........

Please clarify which strings and which pages.
Thanks

April 17, 2019 at 4:24 pm #3632851

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Please see the first screenshot from my previous message. Those Arabic Strings on String Translation were the ones that were assigned to English. I changed the language for these strings and only wanted to mention that this is possible to be changed. Anyhow it did not take affect on the strings of your site.

I also attached a screenshot for the page "Blog" which had a Arabic title and used to be a duplicate of the receptive Arabic page.

Screenshot number three shows for example the string for "City" and "Street". Many more strings have been added but they would have been to many to add a screenshot for all of them.

I am sadly not able to assist you with the translation as I do not speak Arabic.

Please go to WPML -> String Translation and complete the translations. You will see now on the first pages all the strings that I was able to locate. Try to translate them and verify if they been translated on the frontend of your website. See screenshot attached.

Let me know if it worked out.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 18, 2019 at 6:59 am #3636437

ahmedM-19

Hello Andreas,
Thank you for your response.

I followed your steps and translate a lot of strings but didn't find what you will see in the attached screenshots.

Waiting for your feedback
Thank you
Dodd

April 22, 2019 at 4:55 pm #3657125

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message and my apologies for the delay on my answer.

As far I can see that current translation issues are based on WooCommerce and a compatibility issue with another plugin. You can see on the first screenshot that some kind of plugin or somebody changed the configuration for the WPML language file in order to translate the content. (WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status)

Please also check WooCommerce -> Status and you will see that one of your template is outdated. You will find there instructions about how to update this template.
(See screenshot 2)

For now, please proceed by going to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual and start translating the categories, tags, custom taxonomies, shipping classes and most important the Store URLs (Endpoints).

Once the content is translated please also go to WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status -> Troubleshooting and make sure to synchronize the content.

Further, you are referring to a form translation. On which page exactly can I find the form from your screenshot. Was this form also generated and translated with Contact Form 7? I see on your Contact page the form was translated properly with WPBakery. IN fact you will only need to enter the page and select the translated form from the dropdown.

I hope the mentioned steps will solve the issue otherwise we will need to investigate which plugin caused the issue. You can test this yourself by disabling any additional plugin than WPML and its add-ons and changing to a default theme. If this solves the issue change back to your current theme. If the string will be again not translated the issue is theme related. If the string still appears translated reactivate the plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

Let me know about the outcome of these tasks.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 23, 2019 at 6:22 am #3659761

ahmedM-19

Hello Andreas,
Thank you so much for your response.

Okay...I started to see thee woocommerce settings,
But I am referring here to my account page, you can see all the issues I attached by registering and having an account in the website.

Waiting for your support.
Thanks

April 23, 2019 at 2:46 pm #3664975

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I was logged in to the site and visited the account section but I was not able to see the same screens. Possibly as I did not make any purchase.

1) The account section is a part of WooCommerce and it is very possible that it is not translated correctly, as the WooCommerce templates are outdated. Please proceed with the steps from my previous e-mail in regards to update those templates.

You will find more information at WooCommerce -> Status.

2) Then also take the steps from my previous message in regards to WooCommerce Multilingual.

In case those steps will not solve the issue you might do the following.

3) Run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists.

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.
More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Translating contents’ is closed to new replies.