This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Problem Translating Edd checkout page (run by shortcode).

Solution:

This problem is solved with the latest versions of the EDD plugin.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 2, 2018 at 10:16 am #1928019

pawelN-3

Hello,
Im trying to translate checkout fields in edd.
Checkout fields are managed by Edd add-on - Custom Checkout Fields
We did translate all the fields from polish to English, but when we go to English checkout, the fields are still in English,

We translated everything fine, but this is the problem we cant solve.
Please help.

The site is:
hidden link

May 3, 2018 at 11:36 am #1955767

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

When you write EDD are you referring to this plugin?
https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-digital-downloads/
What is the link to the Custom Checkout Fields plugin that you are mentioning?

If you are using the Easy Digital Downloads plugin, have also installed our Easy Digital Downloads Multilingual bridge plugin?
Please read about it in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/easy-digital-downloads-multilingual/

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations.
We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 8, 2018 at 1:49 pm #2032293

pawelN-3

Hi
Im talking about Edd add-on:
hidden link

We have problem with checkout page - with those custom checkout fields.
There is option to translate it - and we did, but just we cant see English texts on that page.

I attach screens with the problem.
You have login details in our another suppeort request.
Please see the screens.

Please help us find the fix because we are late with translation. Whole websites went without problems but this.. cant jump it.

r

May 9, 2018 at 12:08 pm #2051748

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra information.

The Easy Digital Downloads - Checkout Fields Manager on your site is not updated to its latest version. Please update it and see if the problem persists.

This Easy Digital Downloatheadd-on is not compatible with WPML, but I can see that for another ticket in the form our compatibility developer had found a fix for what seems like a similar problem. You can see the reference for it here.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/easy-digital-downloads-only-partially-translated/page/2/#post-1405028
This fix is already included in our latest plugins.
If updating the Easy Digital Downloads - Checkout Fields Manager plugin does not help then I would like to ask you the following.
1. Share with me the latest version of this plugin.
You can upload it to a service like Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link with me.
For this I'll enable private message for the next reply.
2. Explain to me the exact steps of how to replicate this issue. Describe the process of translating the fields, please.
3. Something went wrong when you uploaded the screenshots, and I cannot see them. Please share them again.
4. Share with me on this ticket the access details to your site.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved, I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.
** IMPORTANT **
- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields, this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 16, 2018 at 10:23 am #2154803

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the access details.

I've checked things on your site and also discussed this matter with our compatibility developer. As I've already mentioned in this thread, our compatibility developer had found a fix for this issue. It seems that this fix is not yet included in our bridge plugin EDD Multilingual.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/edd-multilingual/.
Our developer will update the WordPress repository with the new version of the plugin, and once it is done, I'll let you know here so you could update it in your site and see if the problem is resolved.

Regards,
Itamar.

May 16, 2018 at 12:03 pm #2156406

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Our compatibility developer has just updated the EDD Multilingual plugin on the WordPress plugins repository here https://wordpress.org/plugins/edd-multilingual/.
Can you please update the plugin on your site and see if it solves the problem?
It is possible that you will need to re-save the default language checkout page and its translation to see the change.

In any case, I would advise you to take a backup of your site before you update the plugin and try that.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Please let me know the results of this.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 18, 2018 at 11:07 am #2188833

pawelN-3

Thanks.
But unfortunately, updating the plugin broke site.
Heres error I got:
Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function WPML_WPDB_And_SP_User::__construct(), 1 passed in /home/pureharmony/public_html/pureharmony/wp-content/plugins/edd-multilingual/class-edd-multilingual.php on line 72 and exactly 2 expected in /home/pureharmony/public_html/pureharmony/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-wpdb-and-sp-user.php:15 Stack trace: #0 /home/pureharmony/public_html/pureharmony/wp-content/plugins/edd-multilingual/class-edd-multilingual.php(72): WPML_WPDB_And_SP_User->__construct(Object(SitePress)) #1 /home/pureharmony/public_html/pureharmony/wp-content/plugins/edd-multilingual/class-edd-multilingual.php(32): EDD_Multilingual->init_hooks() #2 /home/pureharmony/public_html/pureharmony/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): EDD_Multilingual->init('') #3 /home/pureharmony/public_html/pureharmony/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #4 /home/pureharmony/public_html/pureharmony/wp-includes/plugin.php(453 in

So I Still need help with that issue ;[

May 21, 2018 at 8:57 am #2199579

pawelN-3

Hey guys, I stil need help with that please..

May 21, 2018 at 2:47 pm #2202048

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you.
I'm escalating this now to our compatibility team to debug this issue further.

We'll keep you updated here.

Thank you for your patience,
Itamar.

May 28, 2018 at 2:20 pm #2239443

pawelN-3

Any news?
We are still struggling translating that checkout page.. As you can imagine, its very important part of our website. Please, help us.

May 29, 2018 at 9:51 am #2244258

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Our compatibility developer has asked me to check if the error still shows when I use the new beta version of WPML, version 4.0.0-b.1. The error (Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError) does not show anymore with this version.
Nevertheless, the checkout fields issue is not solved when I check it on my test site.
The checkout fields still not showing the translation on the front-end.
Our developer continues to check it this issue, and I'll keep you update here about it.

If you can, it will be good if you can check it as well. You can download the new beta version including all the new beta add-ons here. https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
You would need to switch to the beta channel.
Please note that beta versions are special development snapshots, which passed partial tests. So it is not recommended for live sites. Please try them on a copy of your site or a staging site.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 12, 2018 at 7:58 am #2407144

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Can you please try the version of EDD Multilingual that is available in the following link and see if it solves the issue on your site?
hidden link
When I check it on my local server, I can translate the checkout form fields, and it works on the front-end/

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

I look forward to your reply!

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 27, 2018 at 8:36 am #2437213

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Update
A new version of the EDD Multilingual plugin (1.3.4) which fixes the issue in this ticket is released. You can get it here https://wordpress.org/plugins/edd-multilingual/

Best Regards,
Itamar.