This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by baerbel-ingeborgZ 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 7, 2019 at 4:17 am

baerbel-ingeborgZ

I am trying to:translate and assign single page template

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: translation using assigned template

Instead, I got: complete mixup

please see this video hidden link
i have provided you access to my live page to see the issue.
last night it seemed to be working, this morning it is working on some sites, not on some others. no idea what to do!! the english site is most important to our business so it should look right!

this is the reply i got from elementor when i first started to find a solution for this issue
quote Thanks for your reply with this information and I completely understand feeling frustrated over a feature that innately should work between Elementor and WPML.

To provide some further details about this issue, if you are using a more specific display condition (for example assigning it to a specific page/post) other than entire site within the theme builder WPML does not retrieve the ID of the translated template.

Our senior customer support personnel has informed us that our developers have worked with the development team for WPML to resolve this issue which enlightened us on a final filter needed for WPML which was introduced in Elementor Pro 2.2.

Our development team has created a hook in Elementor for WPML to utilize to add compatibility for Elementor Pro but they have not utilized this hook up until this time.
unquote

we are all paying customers and should trust that these two major plugins should be compatible !!! it is not my fault that i have to contact your support so often as you keep telling me!! i would rather never have to contact you again but that would mean everything would be working perfectly. and it is certainly not yet!

as this is breaking my site constantly please try to find a solution as quickly as possible without me having to rebuilt the site again and again

rgds
BIZ

July 7, 2019 at 6:04 pm #4158061

baerbel-ingeborgZ

In addition to the above i keep getting the following error messages when i try to delete a template

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation::translate_images_in_post_content() must be an instance of WP_Post, null given, called in /homepages/20/d767183840/htdocs/clickandbuilds/HouseofTextileArts/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php on line 107 and defined in /homepages/20/d767183840/htdocs/clickandbuilds/HouseofTextileArts/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php:130 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/20/d767183840/htdocs/clickandbuilds/HouseofTextileArts/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php(107): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images_in_post_content(NULL, Object(WPML_Post_Element)) #1 /homepages/20/d767183840/htdocs/clickandbuilds/HouseofTextileArts/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images(21124) # in /homepages/20/d767183840/htdocs/clickandbuilds/HouseofTextileArts/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php on line 130

Die Website hat technische Schwierigkeiten. Bitte das E-Mail-Postfach des Website-Administrators prüfen, um dort weitere Anweisungen zu finden.

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation::translate_images_in_post_content() must be an instance of WP_Post, null given, called in /homepages/20/d767183840/htdocs/clickandbuilds/HouseofTextileArts/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php on line 107 and defined in /homepages/20/d767183840/htdocs/clickandbuilds/HouseofTextileArts/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php:130 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/20/d767183840/htdocs/clickandbuilds/HouseofTextileArts/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php(107): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images_in_post_content(NULL, Object(WPML_Post_Element)) #1 /homepages/20/d767183840/htdocs/clickandbuilds/HouseofTextileArts/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images(20518) # in /homepages/20/d767183840/htdocs/clickandbuilds/HouseofTextileArts/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php on line 130

Die Website hat technische Schwierigkeiten. Bitte das E-Mail-Postfach des Website-Administrators prüfen, um dort weitere Anweisungen zu finden.

I also do have problem producing a stage site with wpstaging. i do get the following error message: please see attached

July 8, 2019 at 9:07 am #4160465

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Elementor support is referencing this issue I believe:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-elementor-conditional-exclusions-do-not-work/#post-2921098

However, this issue has been resolved. But based on this:
last night it seemed to be working, this morning it is working on some sites, not on some others

Do you know if any work has been done in the meanwhile, such as updating themes/plugins/elementor templates or perhaps some content? Because if you confirm that it is working on other sites, then I don't think that it is Elementor/WPML issue, but may be something site-specific.

Do you have a backup of the site from the night before perhaps?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 8, 2019 at 9:46 am #4160663

baerbel-ingeborgZ

Hi Bruno
thanks for getting back to us so quickly. i had read that post you mentioned but due to elementor this issue has not been resolved by wpml.
i close this ticket for now as i have to investigate closer what is happening. and look into another translation plugin much as i hate to loose the money and time i invested to make wpml run. but it does not seem to be fully compatible with elementor as there are quite a few requests in the forum.
we will see what we decide to do.
thanks again
cheers
BIZ

July 8, 2019 at 9:47 am #4160671

baerbel-ingeborgZ

i will investigate myself further. Thank you!