This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Phillip 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
September 18, 2019 at 4:55 pm #4599241

Phillip

I am trying to translate the content of the Testamonial widget in Elementor Pro.

This guide says it should be visible to translate in the translation edtior.
hidden link

But there is no content from the Testamonial slider to be translated in the translation editor.
How can I translate the content? 🙁

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

September 19, 2019 at 1:03 pm #4604963

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting support forum.

#1 Please make sure you are following the correct procedure https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/
#2 Please update the page in main language again with a small modification and check if you can see the fields now?
#3 Can you please share the screenshot of translation editor exactly what you are seeing? Also the link of the page?

Thanks

September 19, 2019 at 2:01 pm #4605745

Phillip

hidden link
its on the front page at the bottom section.
i have tried a small modification, but still cant translate fields.

September 19, 2019 at 2:25 pm #4606255

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

I think something is blocking to strings from getting registered.

#1 Can you please disable all plugins those are unrelated with WPML except Elementor and switch to one of the default themes e.g. Twenty Fifteen
#2 And then please add following lines to wp-config.php file.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Please add those lines before.

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

This will create a debug.log file in /wp-content/ folder.
Now, please try to update the page again then open translation editor, if the problem appears again, please send me contents of debug.log file in next message, so that we can investigate the issue.

NOTE:
Also make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Thanks

September 19, 2019 at 3:09 pm #4606695

Phillip

[19-Sep-2019 15:02:35 UTC] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in /home/310907.cloudwaysapps.com/hkpxdwmbav/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/files/assets/svg/svg-handler.php on line 120
[19-Sep-2019 15:03:08 UTC] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in /home/310907.cloudwaysapps.com/hkpxdwmbav/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/files/assets/svg/svg-handler.php on line 120
[19-Sep-2019 15:03:30 UTC] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in /home/310907.cloudwaysapps.com/hkpxdwmbav/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/files/assets/svg/svg-handler.php on line 120
[19-Sep-2019 15:03:34 UTC] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in /home/310907.cloudwaysapps.com/hkpxdwmbav/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/files/assets/svg/svg-handler.php on line 120
[19-Sep-2019 15:04:03 UTC] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in /home/310907.cloudwaysapps.com/hkpxdwmbav/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/files/assets/svg/svg-handler.php on line 120
[19-Sep-2019 15:04:21 UTC] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in /home/310907.cloudwaysapps.com/hkpxdwmbav/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/files/assets/svg/svg-handler.php on line 120

September 20, 2019 at 12:29 pm #4612171

Phillip

Any update?

September 20, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4612287

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I am not able to find anything useful from the debug info so I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Instructions to send private information are here: hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks

September 22, 2019 at 4:08 pm #4618937

Phillip

Basically I believe that the Review Widget of Elementor Pro is not compatible with WPML - I just used the Testamonial widget in Elementor Pro instead and was able to translate the content without any issues.