This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
June 2, 2019 at 6:28 pm #3937977

thanvaraR

I'm trying to translate the templates (header, footer, single, archive), but when I change language only the latest updated templates shows up.

For example: I created an "Eng Footer" and set the condition to "appear for the whole site". Then I add a translation and call it "Thai Footer" then set the same condition. In the end, only "Thai Footer" shows, but when I go back and update "Eng Footer", only "Eng Footer" shows.

Is there anything that can be done, or is this just because I'm using the lowest package of WPML?

June 3, 2019 at 5:27 pm #3944903

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

This was a known issue in an earlier version, but it should be resolved with the latest versions of WPML plugin (https://wpml.org/errata/elementor-global-templates-translation-are-not-working/). I see that you are using some Elementor add ons, and these may require the WPML Translation management add on. Please try installing that and make sure that the templates are set to translatable. Then, let me know if the issue persists.