This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hussainB 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
April 27, 2020 at 2:38 pm #6003349

hussainB

Hi WPML,

I have found an error in our site. More precisely regarding our few number attributes.
When looking backend it looks like the products are created correctly, and both parent sku and child sku do have different product ids. But when purchasing it from the site, it is only variant 0 that appears.

hidden link

April 29, 2020 at 12:28 am #6016263

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Before providing you with a more accurate reply, I would need some more details regarding your issue. I took a look at the pvovide url and noticed the product image is zero even choosing another product number variation, is this the mentioned issue?

Please, let me know how to reproduce your issue, if it is possible, please, record your screen reproducing the issue, you can use this tool for that: hidden link. It will help me to understand your issue into details and this way to provide you with a more accurate reply. Thank you for your collaboration and patience, have a nice day.

April 29, 2020 at 9:53 am #6019417

hussainB

Hi Marcos,

Thank you for your answer. Can you see the video from this link:
hidden link

As you can see there, the variants are created correctly and like our other variable products with letters. They have their individual unique Sku and a child product id.

I talked to a developer, and he believed it was a error in the general language setting that cost this.

How do you think it can be changed?

Kind regards,
Camilla

April 30, 2020 at 6:54 pm #6033281

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello Camilla,

Thank you for the updates. I tried to watch the provided screen recording but it seems the vide has some issue, it is not loading. Can you review it please? Thank you for your collaboration and patience, have a nice day.

May 1, 2020 at 1:06 pm #6037999

hussainB

Maybe it is easier if you get admin access, then you can look how the number variations and attributes are created.

May 4, 2020 at 4:28 pm #6055003

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello Camilla,

thank you for the updates. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

May 6, 2020 at 6:04 pm #6073779

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my previous private reply and let me know when the migration process is done. Thanks.

May 7, 2020 at 8:47 am #6077669

hussainB

Hi Marcos,

I can do as described above, but we do also have a testsite, if you want access to that. It is just restored yesterday and a true copy of the live site.

Let me know. Otherwise I will do as you described.

May 8, 2020 at 1:49 am #6084701

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello Camilla,

Thank you for the updates. As staging website can be of help for the debugging process. The next reply is marked as private, so you can share the access credentials to your staging website safely. Thank you for your collaboration and continued patience, have a nice day.

May 12, 2020 at 9:33 pm #6116985

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided staging website. I took a detailed look and made an investigation for hours, it seems we have a compatibility issue here between WooThumbs (the plugin that adds the images variations) and WPML and this is why we need to test it. In these cases, these are the procedures:

• Install the theme/plugin in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
  • After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
    If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team.
  • The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the (theme/plugin) to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the (theme/plugin) and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site. The fewer plugins the better.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

Please, let me know when you are ready, thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

May 14, 2020 at 8:39 am #6129593

hussainB

Hi Marcos,

So i just installed the theme itself. Do you then need me to add the woocommerce plugin and then produce some dummy products with number attributes?

May 14, 2020 at 1:24 pm #6132555

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I could make it myself, but it is prefereable you make it as I don't know the settings used in your live website or how the number attributes should be set, so, in order to speed up the resolution of your issue, I would appreciate you could make the following:

1 - Activate WooCommerce and setup it the way you have in your live website;
2 - Create a dummy product and translation exactly as you did in your live website, no need to replicate your entire website, one test product is enough for the issue resolution;

Thank you very much for your collaboration and understanding, have a nice day.

May 18, 2020 at 11:50 am #6157811

hussainB

Hi Marcos,

So I've done the above and reproduced a product with the number attributes. It looks like it is the same error. It works fine on the english (default), but the danish does not show the correct SKU.

May 19, 2020 at 2:21 pm #6168619

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I took a detailed look at the sandbox install and noticed some product variations in the secondary languages are set as 'any numbers' instead of the number defined in the primary language, and it seems to cause some issue for the variations logic.

I removed the problematic variation for the primary language a re-added it, when doing so it seems to work properly as you can confirm at: hidden link. Here are the full details on how to proceed:

1 - Find the problematic product and click to edit it in the primary language from your WordPress Dashboard > Products settings.

2 - Change to the secondary language where the issue appears and check the variations fields from your product screen, then you should see a specific variation set as 'Any Numers' (see attached screen).

3 - Back in the primary language of the problematic product remove it, add it again and click to update the product.

4 - Change to the secondary language and click to update the product as well.

Note: this workaround is suitable if you have just a few products with issues, in case you a lot of problematic products, please, let me know and we'll find a more suitable workaroud.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

May 20, 2020 at 7:05 am #6174267

hussainB

Hello Marcos,

So i tried to do as described and I can see it worked on the danish version of the product 30203000, but it doesn't work on 30202010.

Could you have a look? Or does it just require some patience, before the changes applies?