This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
October 15, 2018 at 2:37 pm #2817976

andrewF-15

Hi there,

I hope all is well.

I'm currently building a site which uses Advanced Custom Fields across all pages and languages to populate content.

I'm struggling with the following:

I need to edit only the content of each field across each of the languages, rather than duplicate field groups.

- For example, I'd like to be able to create a field on the default language, this field will then show on all language pages with the ability to adjust only the content.
- Currently, there is the option to duplicate or translate the field group, but this seems to be in place to adjust the field properties, rather than just the content. This also creates far too many field groups, when I only need one of each.
- Even when setting the field to 'Translate' on the settings page, this field does not show on any pages other than the language it was created on.

I've spent the afternoon crawling the forums but have not found a solution. I believe I may have some settings incorrect, please could you help me achieve the above?

Many thanks & appreciate the support. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Kind regards,

John.

October 17, 2018 at 3:02 am #2823039

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.
I will do my best to help you solve this issue.

Please visit this link where you will find our official dcumentation about ACF and follow the steps described: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Kind regards,
Carlos

October 17, 2018 at 10:17 am #2824164

andrewF-15

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the response.

However, I have already followed the tutorial and I still see no fields on the language pages. If you see 'Screenshit_41', you can see I have set all fields to 'Copy Once', as per the tutorial you sent, this means the fields should show on the appropriate pages - however they still do not.

Additional, on the multilingual content setup I see there are missing custom fields, within the field group editor. Is this anything to do with it? (Screenshot_42)

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Kind regards,

John.

October 17, 2018 at 8:23 pm #2825854

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi John,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

1.- Please describe the steps to reproduce the issue in the site.

2.- Also, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Looking forward to your answer.
Best regards,
Carlos