This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 29, 2019 at 3:03 am #4110839

johnT-22

I'm having trouble translating forms for a new site I"m working on. The forms were developed in WPForms. Please help!

hidden link

June 29, 2019 at 3:41 am #4110983

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

The plugin WPForms is not yet on our comaptiblity list, which means that this plugin was not yet fully tested with WPML.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=form&wpv_filter_submit=Search

I can offer you to create a test site and I will investigate the issues on a new installation. If we are handling with compatiblity issues our team can work together with the theme author on solving these issues.

Could you give me some more details about how you are translating it and what exactly is not working?

Please provide detailed steps to recreate the issue and install the plugin on the follwoing test site:

One Click Login: hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

June 29, 2019 at 3:57 am #4111017

johnT-22

Thanks - created a basic form on the sandbox. When I click on Language Switcher, How do I get the field names to change.?

July 1, 2019 at 3:32 pm #4120855

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Like mentioned earlier, the WPForms Plugin is not compatible with WPML for which reason I would advise you to consider using an alternative like Contact Form 7.

I am escalating the issue ot our compatibility team in order to work on a solution and to reach out to the plugin authors.

The workaround here is to create a form for each language and then paste the shortcode for each for on the respective pages.

In fact, if you activate our plugin Translation Management the plugin WPForms plugin is available for creating translation jobs but the translation will not be successful, as the plugin does not provide proper strings for translation. I have treid to translate the labels inside code field, but sadly without success. Further, you will not be able to send translation jobs for WPForms to other translator or a translation service.

You will find a language domain for WPForms on our plugin String Translation but here you will only be able to translate plugin options like validation messages. Usually, these messages are translated automatically.

As mentioned earlier I am escalating the issue to out compatiblity team in order to work on a solution but this includes the collaboration of the plugin author.

I will contact you as soon I receive feedback.

Let me know if you do have any further questions.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 1, 2019 at 11:33 pm #4122497

johnT-22

I'm not sure if Contact Form 7 will meet my needs. Sounds like Gravity Forms should. Will Gravity Forms work fully with WPML?

July 2, 2019 at 4:14 pm #4128697

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, Gravity Forms is comaptible with WPML. We even offer a glue plugin called Gravity Forms Multilingual. You can donwload it at Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/

Kind regards
Andreas