Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
December 22, 2017 at 11:01 pm #1464943

andreyO

I have a multilingual website, which was created with German as default language. So all the pages were created in german and translated into English.

Because website will be available across the entire world, it's required that if no translation is available for particular country, English version is loaded.

That's why I've changed default language to English.
Original pages will still be written in German and translated into English.

But now I have the following problem:
On the page, created with visual composer I added Post Grid element with Source type "List of IDs", where I select which pages shall be displayed in the grid.

After I translate the page into English no grid elements are displayed on the translated page.
If I create the page in default language and translate it into German it works fine.

If the source in the post grid is "Post" and choose a category to dispaly elements, it works fine. I get all articles from English category.

BR,
Andrey

December 26, 2017 at 4:10 am #1465679

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to help you on this.

As a test could you please go to WPML->Themes & Plugin Localization -> Localization options -> other Options and uncheck "Assume that the original language of all strings in English". Does this help?

Further, If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of the default themes, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

December 26, 2017 at 9:33 pm #1466177

andreyO

Hello,

I followed your suggestions but with no success.
I couldn't disable all plugins, since I need WP bakery page builder to render the content.
And I also re-saved the post in German and translated it again into English.

Regards,
Andrey

December 27, 2017 at 2:07 am #1466248

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello Andrey,

To further debug this issue, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

This info is private and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues need some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site on our local server for testing.

Thanks

December 27, 2017 at 8:01 am #1466313

andreyO

Hello Shekhar,

I provided access in another my issue, which is still open. If you cannot access that information I can send you required information only after tomorrow.

Regards
Andrey

December 28, 2017 at 8:33 am #1467100

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

I used the duplicator package from another thread and upon installing I noticed that on the front page you are using the post as the data source, I understand that to replicate the issue I need to change this to list of ids but when I change this which id should I enter so I can replicate the issue?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

December 28, 2017 at 8:56 am #1467122

andreyO

Hi

It is not a front page that has an issue, but hidden link

Regards,
Andrey

December 29, 2017 at 11:00 am #1467838

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

I can replicate the issue on my end, I am debugging this further and will escalate this issue soon to our 2nd tier.

Thanks

December 29, 2017 at 3:25 pm #1468023

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

I can confirm this is a compatible issue, I have forward the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author. Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

We are closing the ticket but we will keep it for our records. You will be notified the moment we have the author’s cooperation in this process.

Thanks

December 29, 2017 at 3:25 pm #1468024

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

I can confirm this is a compatible issue, I have forward the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author. Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

We are closing the ticket but we will keep it for our records. You will be notified the moment we have the author’s cooperation in this process.

Thanks

January 1, 2018 at 8:57 am #1468811

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

I got confirmation from the 2nd tier support and they mentioned that this is not expected to be working unless some code is added to VC to cover this request.

Also, they recommend using the manual translation mode in this case or create the post in the default language and translate it normally.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks