Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
October 26, 2019 at 12:18 pm #4831685

Piotr

Hi,

when I translate Gravity Forms notification message, I would expect to at least being able to put html tags into the translation field. However, for notification message translation, I only have single line field (for both original text and translation), which is not too friendly to use, they are not showing formatted text nor html tags (original messages at least contain paragraphs). What is more, I noticed that some other notification messages in the same form are presented in the GF translation editor as multiline fields (see attached screen) with html tags. Why is that? And how to make the editor to show all notification messages as multiline fields? Translated notifications then are sent as unformatted single line texts.

I cannot see these translations in String Translation anymore after most recent WPML update, where I could write html tags too for fields allowing formatting.

October 28, 2019 at 6:53 am #4836347

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please upgrade to the latest version of Gravity Forms(2.4.14.6) after a site backup and check is there any difference in the result.

If the issue exists, I have a couple of requests to track the issue.

a) Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

b) Please let me know the steps to reproduce the issue on your site(I mean which Gravity Form is having this issue).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 30, 2019 at 12:33 pm #4855601

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. The result is the same when I duplicate the notification. Please check the attached images for more details.

It requires further checking. So please allow me to do troubleshooting steps on the site. For example deactivate and reactivate the plugins, switching the themes etc..

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 6, 2019 at 8:53 am #4895893

Piotr

Sure, work away please. This is testing site.

November 7, 2019 at 7:51 am #4903295

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your permission. I have upgraded to the latest version of WPML. But the issue is existing now. So will do more testing on it and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 8, 2019 at 8:00 am #4911225

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

The issue is existing after the initial checks. So I have shared the details with our second-tier team for expert opinion and waiting for their feedback. We will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 15, 2019 at 5:34 am #4951143

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, the bug is existing after the primary debugging procedures. Therefore escalating the ticket to our second-tier team for further debugging. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 21, 2019 at 7:25 am #4985503

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind information, this bug is happening because of a compatibility issue and the ticket is escalated to our developers for further debugging. It looks like the issue is happening because of the non-ascii symbols used for the Notification title and subject. The Notification message field is using this title as the field name and so it is missing the field type.

It is working in our local copy and your test site after we change the title and subject like the following. Please check the attached images for more details.

From

Potwierdzenie przesłania deklaracji wstąpienia do PTBER

To

Potwierdzenie przeslania deklaracji wstapienia do PTBER

Please check it and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 22, 2019 at 10:41 am #4996077

Piotr

Hi Bigul,

thank you for investigating this. So as I understand I should await further updates? A temporary solution would be to avoid special characters in notification title and subject.

November 22, 2019 at 11:34 am #4996959

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Yes, either we have to wait for a permeant fix or try the workaround(avoid special characters in notification title and subject) for the time being.

We will get back to you as soon as possible when we have an update from our developers about this. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul