This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The header, Footer and Global Blocks are not being translated (PRO Theme)

Solution: Go to WPML > Settings > Post Type Translation. Find and set to one of the "Translate" options both PRO Headers and Footers Post type (and Global Blocks). Go to PRO > Header/Footer/Global Blocks, Select your header/footer/ global block and click the flag of the language you want to translate (and translate it).

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by carlos-helderG 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
October 11, 2018 at 1:27 pm #2808375

carlos-helderG

Check the site hidden link from a mobile. You will see it's in English, but the header is in Spanish (see attached image).

I have not found those strings on the page=wpml-string-translation. So, how could I translate it?

Thanks

Carlos

October 11, 2018 at 2:16 pm #2808624

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, Carlos,

Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I'll try to help you solve this issue.

I see from the debug info you sent us that the header (as well as the footer and global blocks) are set to not translate under WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation. (See attached screenshot: Set PRO header as translatable.jpg )

Try setting it to one of the "Translatable" options and see if the small flag appears in the corner of the page when you access the header editor (See attached screenshot: "PRO editor flag WPML.jpg" ).

Let us know how it goes.

October 17, 2018 at 1:09 pm #2824687

carlos-helderG

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!