This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 17, 2018 at 6:22 pm #2180979

joshuaM-12

Hello,

We have built out a site for a client using Beaver Builder and WPML. The translations have been going fine using the string translator however we have run into an issue(s).

The client has some images that have text on the image itself, so they need to have 2 versions of the image (one for each language). Is there any way to accomplish this via WMPL? They client has been using Beaver Builder to edit the second language version of the page directly to swap the image via the image module but I believe this is causing some issues with compatibility and content being overwritten - is there any reason to not edit both the english and the second language pages directly via Beaver Builder and avoid the string translation?

So to recap:

1) Is there a way to translate Beaver Builder image modules directly?
2) If not, is it safe to edit both versions of the page directly through the Beaver Builder page builder?

Thank you!
Josh Mountain

May 21, 2018 at 10:35 am #2200504

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Currently, this is not possible, from the next version of the plugin you can translate media from content properly but at the moment, the only way you can translate the media is using the steps as mentioned here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

The recommended way is to use the translation editor. So, I request you to use beaver builder for default language and translate it.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/beaver-builder/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 21, 2018 at 4:18 pm #2202865

joshuaM-12

Thanks for the reply! I did see that media translation module however I don't think that can accomplish the goal. What I am looking for is a way to display 'image1.jpg' on the English page and 'image2.jpg' on the Spanish page. Is this possible?

May 22, 2018 at 5:09 am #2205043

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Currently, this is not possible, but in the next release of the plugin, this feature will be available.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks

May 22, 2018 at 6:18 pm #2211231

joshuaM-12

Great! Do you know when the next version of the plugin will be released with this feature?

May 23, 2018 at 9:57 am #2213839

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am sorry to let you know that we don't have any ETA when the next version will be released, probably in the next few weeks we will release the beta version of the plugin and after a few weeks the stable version will be released, you can monitor our downloads section to get find the latest downloads.

Thanks