This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by staffanW 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 12, 2019 at 6:23 pm #4563989

staffanW

I am trying to: translate the custom shop page that I have created with jetwoobuilder. I have translated the fields via the normal wpml translation procedure clicking on the plus sign next to the template.

I expected to see: the translated shop page on the other language

Instead, I got: same language on both shop pages

September 13, 2019 at 7:40 am #4566167

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I can see, the plugin you are using is not part of our official WPML-compatible plugins directory here (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/) so this means that the plugin might not be fully compatible with WPML (sometimes, even plugins that have not been yet tested by one of our developers are fully compatible with WPML but most of the time, those plugins might just be partially WPML-compatible).

I also tried to see if there is any documentation for translating the shop page or other elements but I was not able to find any.

Can you please let me know if you had the chance to contact their support team and ask if the plugin is compatible with WPML?

You can also recommend them to join our 'Go Global' program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/) where our Compatibility developers will help them make their plugin 100% compatible with WPML for free.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

September 13, 2019 at 8:03 am #4566319

staffanW

Thanks for the answer! I am talking with them on their chat now but I think their plugin only works on single language sites.
Anyway, since I have elementor pro I think I should be able to use a standard elementor page template as the assigned page to show as main woocommerce shop page right?

September 13, 2019 at 9:11 am #4566841

staffanW

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!