This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
June 6, 2019 at 4:30 pm #3971019

fabianH-19

I am trying to: copy and "translate separate" but no success. The translated text will be deleted and the old text comes back.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
My text changes on the copied page in english
Instead, I got:
The old page content in german

June 7, 2019 at 12:51 am #3972589

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Before a more detailed look, can you please confirm if you are making an independent translation of your duplicated content? Let me explain: When you click to make a duplication of your post the duplicated post will be kept in synchronization with the original post, every edit you make in your original post the content of your duplicated post will be overwritten with the original post content.

The only way to stop this behavior is to click the 'Translate independently' button. Please, refer to: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/ and let me know if it is the case here. Have a nice day.